AMD Radeon 6670 Vs. AMD Radeon 7750

jrward98

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Ok but one important question... I think that I have integrated graphics because I am running an AMD A-4 which with my understanding has the Amd Radeon HD 6410D Integrated. I do have extra PCI slots so I can bypass this correct?

twelve25

Distinguished
Your graphics are running on the processor, that's how the AMD APU units work.

I noticed you linked to your PC in the first post, which I missed before. looking at the pictures for that computer, you definitely have a PCIe slot that can run a 7750.

Your CPU is going to be pretty underpowered for many games, however. I wonder if you wouldn't be happier with a upgraded processor (which also comes with upgraded graphics). This would be a big graphics and processor upgrade in one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103942

6670 is overpriced and for the same price or less on can buy a 5770/6770 while a little more buys a 7750. Sometimes one might get lucky and get a much more powerful card for less. I've seen 7770 going below $100 and then there is the massive second hand market.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
He can't get more than a 7750 otherwise he'd need a new PSU which is far out of budget.

The A4 has the graphics on the CPU. So it is integrated graphics. But adding a GPU such as a 7750 will override it and it'll just be idle.

G

it would not be a bad ideal to get a A8-3850 but that build is limited to 1333 RAM, to get the best out of the igpu its better for 1866. so it would be better to go a discrete card route for better performance.

jrward98

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I like the idea of upgrading my Processor all the way just to have my integrated graphics upgraded too, but since my computer already has 4 gigs of ram installed Would this overpower the processor.

twelve25

Distinguished

Probably. It's just a really low end processor for gaming. You aren't going to get the full potential out of that $100 card.

The board does take 1866, it would just add to the cost of the upgrade.

I guess if it were me, I'd probably add the A8 now, upgrade RAM when I got a little more money. Later I would upgrade the power supply and add something like a 7770. By then it would be a pretty nice gaming rig.

G

for once the feedback on newegg is not a joke; the BIOS is limited to 1333.

do you really think the igpu wpould be better than a 7750? adding more cores won't matter for gaming and a 300 watt PSU will limit any overclocking, if any.

twelve25

Distinguished

Motherboard support page said 1866.

Like I said before, I think as a two step process, that upgrading the processor is the best first step. Pure benchmark tests show the 7750 slaughtering the 6550D APU graphics, but they also don't pair it with a really slow processor to do those tests. I honestly don't know which would give a better experience. A4-3400 benches like a Athlon X2-6400, which is pretty far down there. A8-3850 benches pretty well for games.

G

ah! found it
Motherboard Specifications, AAHD2-HY (Holly)
should have known most people don't know about updating a BIOS :p

not saying your POV is wrong. but i just went and got an i5 instead of a 7950 when i had the money because i figured it would get bottle necked by an i3 in some games. well since then work slowed down and i had to fix my van. so instead of an i3/7950 i sit here with a i5 and 570 i picked up off of ebay for $150 and kicking myself for not sticking with my plan; i am sure my frame rates and settings would be better.
:pfff: