Laptop graphics card upgrade?

jonas11d

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello, it's my first time in this forum and i want to ask you guys if i can change my Nvidia Geforce 330M 1gb graphics card for a better one

My computer is a Samsung r580
Specs:
Nvidia Geforce 330M 1gb
Intel core i5-430M (I know i can change this and i will, for a i7-640M)
6gb memory ram (Upgraded from 4gb)
windows 7 ultimate 64 bits
Mainboard :SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. R580 (that's all it says on pc wizzard...)
500gb hdd...
Network Card :Realtek Semiconductor RTL8192E Wireless LAN 802.11n PCIe NIC
Chipset : Intel HM55

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english, it's my 2nd language after Portuguese :D

jonas11d

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

Thanks for the answer but the thing i want to know is, witch model can i change to... sorry about that..

jonas11d

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

Is it? I opened my computer a lot of times to clean it up and stuff, and i don't think a graphics card upgrade will be more than 700€.
So, that's not an option sorry.

te100

Distinguished

This is not a simple open and swap cards either. There is a good chance you will break it. Laptops were not made to be upgraded in this way.

jonas11d

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Got some good news and bad news! Good news are that the problem was on my thermal paste on top of the CPU & Graphics card. So it was old, and my computer used to be extremely hot and sometimes it overheated so i changed it for a new thermal paste and i got 20 fps more! And my Cpu runs ok at normal speeds. The computer doesn't overheat anymore and I don't know if it's possible to get 20 FPS MORE by changing the thermal paste, but it's true!
Bad news are that I cant change my Graphics card because it is attached to the motherboard, can only change my CPU.
Thanks Tomshardware for trying to help me! And Merry Christmas! :D

soldierside15

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
You can actually upgrade your chipset, the only thing though is that you are going to need some knowledge on how to change it and a soldering gun. but it is possible the other thing is compatability.