Msi g45-zz7a
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Ram 2x4
xfx pro 550w
Cooler master hyper 612s

I am very undecided.

Marcus92

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2012
Some recommend the ghz edition, others advise normal because if overclock it, achieves similar performance to ghz edition, stating that the purchase of a ghz is useless.

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

You just answered your own question. I was about to say that you could get the same performance by overclocking. The only reason to get a ghz edition if is you can find it for the same price as the regular edition

Or if you don't want to overclock. Also, keep in mind that Marcus and Wilhelm are both Borderlands 2 characters.

Marcus92

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2012
With prices that I have found there are about 30 euro difference.

However, I will overclock.

While we're at, recommended a brand?

+1 to jjb on the GTX670 actually - that's what I'd do. I have a Radeon so haven't had a chance to enjoy PhysX first hand, but check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAfzjTAhpBk&feature=player_embedded

The AMD fans always go on about PhysX making no noticeable difference and being a gimmick and I took their word for it. Figured the really strong arguments for nVidia were adaptive v-sync and more consistent delivery of framerates (as opposed to inconsistent up/down performance). But I think PhysX actually looks like a genuine selling point, kinda jealous now.

Brand-wise, I'd grab an EVGA, but they don't do Radeons. If you really want to stick with the Radeon, I'd recommend the Taiwan big three - MSI, Gigabyte and Asus (in that order). I'd steer clear of Sapphire (I've had too many bad experiences with them) and Powercolor (same). VTX3D are the same guys as Powercolor (Tul Corporation). I have an XFX currently - it's fine except the fan is faulty. HIS I've had no experience with, but I've seen quite a few threads on here about problems with them.