Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LED Light is on but computer doesnt open.

Last response: in Systems
February 4, 2013 12:38:58 AM

Hey guys i be tried searching around the forum and I still cannot find a solution. I have recently finished building my computer and theres a blue LED light in the front of the power button but none of the fans (PSU,CPU and case) are working. What can be wrong? I took a PSU out of brothers working computer and put it in and its still the same thing. So it can't be a PSU problem. The specs on my computer are Intel i5, AsRock h61m-dgs motherboard and thermaltake tr2 500w PSU. The blue LED turns on as soon as I switch the PSU on. When i click the power button the computer doesnt work at all only the light.
February 4, 2013 1:00:01 AM

ojhasha said:
Hey guys i be tried searching around the forum and I still cannot find a solution. I have recently finished building my computer and theres a blue LED light in the front of the power button but none of the fans (PSU,CPU and case) are working. What can be wrong? I took a PSU out of brothers working computer and put it in and its still the same thing. So it can't be a PSU problem. The specs on my computer are Intel i5, AsRock h61m-dgs motherboard and thermaltake tr2 500w PSU. The blue LED turns on as soon as I switch the PSU on. When i click the power button the computer doesnt work at all only the light.

if the i5 is an ivy bridge cpu then your mb wont post till there a bios update on the mb is placed. look for the bios rev sticker on the mb or mb box. then look under the mb cpu guild. see if your mb has the ib bios flash already. if not you have to find a sandy bridge cpu or have a computer store or the vendor flash the bios for you or replace it whith a x7x chipset mb.

Best solution

February 4, 2013 1:04:23 AM

ojhasha said:

Are you sure you plugged all of the connector's in ?

- The Brownie
Related resources
February 4, 2013 1:16:42 AM

Did you connect the headers for the front panel of the computer into the right places? I would double check with the manual, it sounds like you might have put them in the wrong spot where the power button cant send the signal to the motherboard to start the computer.

btw, Snorizio is most likely right.
February 4, 2013 1:28:58 AM

hey pepto is your last name bizmal....hahaha pepto bizmal!!!!!
February 4, 2013 1:32:45 AM

smorizio said:

Lol we got some troll over here ....

- The Brownie
February 4, 2013 2:00:46 AM

Pepto said:
Did you connect the headers for the front panel of the computer into the right places? I would double check with the manual, it sounds like you might have put them in the wrong spot where the power button cant send the signal to the motherboard to start the computer.

btw, Snorizio is most likely right.

well im reading the manual and the PSU SW is suppose to be one pin in the MB manual but my case PSU SW is 2 Pins?
February 4, 2013 2:47:59 AM

ok it worked after i replugged all the front headers and restarted the psu. but now my computer is not booting up gg
February 4, 2013 11:59:08 AM

Is your i5 a 2500k or 3570k?
February 4, 2013 11:59:31 AM

smorizio said:

lol
February 4, 2013 11:02:08 PM

check to see if your mb bios will post an ib cpu.
February 4, 2013 11:43:21 PM

Pepto said:
Is your i5 a 2500k or 3570k?

February 4, 2013 11:45:16 PM

smorizio said:
check to see if your mb bios will post an ib cpu.

sorry im not familiar with the terms, whats an ib cpu.
February 4, 2013 11:47:13 PM

1 - Is there any beeps when you start up the computer ?

2 - Is there a speaker plugged on the motherboard ?

If we could know which kind of beep is produced that would help to know what's the problem.

Also, what is your motherboard ?

- The Brownie
February 5, 2013 2:17:23 AM

he has a AsRock h61m-dgs that supports a 3570k right out of the box. So a bios update shouldn't be the issue
February 5, 2013 2:54:18 AM

Bromeh said:
1 - Is there any beeps when you start up the computer ?

2 - Is there a speaker plugged on the motherboard ?

If we could know which kind of beep is produced that would help to know what's the problem.

Also, what is your motherboard ?

- The Brownie

my motherboard/case didnt come with a motherboard speaker
February 5, 2013 4:43:02 AM

alright it works now, i nailed my motherboard to close to the case, thanks guys.
February 5, 2013 4:45:31 AM

Best answer selected by ojhasha.
!