Solved

Good enough very budget Gaming PC for my needs?

Hello Tomshardware community!, I must ask, Would these specs be a good enough Gaming PC for the following games to run at medium to high setting with a good framerate? Games: Minecraft, Team Fortress 2,Counter-Strike Source and GO, Garry's Mod, Most everything Half-Life 2. OK now the specs:

RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU:RADEON HD XFX 6570
PSU:Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply
Motherboard:AS Rock FX Socket AM3 Plus NVIDIA GeForce 7025 A V GbE Micro ATX
Case:Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior
DVD/CD Drive: SONY SATA Drive, I dont know the model because its from an older computer, still SATA Disk burning able.
HDD(Hard Drive): Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Blue SATAII 5400RPM 2.5IN 8MB Bulk/OEM

If you would like to point anything out please feel free too :)
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good budget gaming needs
  1. And yes, this is my first build.
  2. BlakePC said:
    Hello Tomshardware community!, I must ask, Would these specs be a good enough Gaming PC for the following games to run at medium to high setting with a good framerate? Games: Minecraft, Team Fortress 2,Counter-Strike Source and GO, Garry's Mod, Most everything Half-Life 2. OK now the specs:

RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
    GPU:RADEON HD XFX 6570
    PSU:Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply
    Motherboard:AS Rock FX Socket AM3 Plus NVIDIA GeForce 7025 A V GbE Micro ATX
    Case:Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior
    DVD/CD Drive: SONY SATA Drive, I dont know the model because its from an older computer, still SATA Disk burning able.
    HDD(Hard Drive): Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Blue SATAII 5400RPM 2.5IN 8MB Bulk/OEM

If you would like to point anything out please feel free too :)

Dont get a coolermaster PSU, they tend to die and bring your computer with. Go with something like Corsair.

Why are you getting a micro ATX motherboard? Your case supports a full ATX motherboard

Get something like a 500gb/1tb HDD. 320 is to small.

Also, 4gb of ram is pretty low for a computer now. 8gb is where you should be.

Just my opinion, not being an expert like some people here
  3. What is your budget?
  4. Those were pretty much all my thoughts, the PSU, Yeah the motherboard I dunno, I didn't really look into a full ATX, and this PC MUST be under $400,I cant afford any higher, and I was looking into a 500 GB but it was SeaGate, I didn't know if I should trust them. The RAM, Yeah I know, It was the price.
  5. $400
  6. I have a Seagate barracuda 500gb HDD and it works just fine. It did come DOA (Dead on arrival) but after agreeing that I am not a terrorist, Seagate gave me a shipping label to send it back and sent me a new one before they even received the other one.
  7. Yeah, that was actually the exact one I was looking at, Thanks, I will buy.
  8. Best answer
    Here you go. Way better build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 975 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($82.18 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Mushkin Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $393.08
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-03 23:50 EST-0500)
  9. Motherboard recommendation?
  10. The one in the build I suggested. :D
  11. Best answer selected by BlakePC.
  12. Thank You! I think this is the build I'm gonna go with.
  13. No problem. You will be able to run games at med to high settings, no problem.
  14. What's the standpoint on very demanding games?
  15. Well here are some benchmarks of the 7770 GHz edition with Crysis 2. Remember, these are base on Ultra Settings. You can look at more titles too from the drop down menu at the bottom.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7770/13.html
  16. Thank You! You are an unbelievable amount of help! :D
  17. Sure thing. Let us know how the build went when it completed. If you have any concerns about he build, you can PM me.
  18. But wait....An OS. I dont have the money for Windows 7...I need it free
  19. BlakePC said:
    But wait....An OS. I dont have the money for Windows 7...I need it free

:non: Can't do that my friend, sorry. Don't condone piracy on here. Let me see what I can do with an OS.
  20. Yeah sorry, I meant cheap.
  21. BlakePC said:
    Yeah sorry, I meant cheap.

There are legal ways to find it for download on the web. You get a 30 day trail and then you have to purchase. Maybe in 30 days you will have enough saved up for the purchase.
  22. Thank you for all the help and you will always be thanked by me. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product