Closed Solved

$700 new build need opinions

Hello everyone I know these are all over this forum but I have made so many builds and changed them so much I just wanna get some good advice. I have a Power Supply, Case, and 1TB hard drive so I don't need those. I'm mostly looking for CPU MOBO AND GPU.

I really want to play ARMA 2 and BF3 on ultra at 1080p my current build consists of:

Amd fx-6300
EVGA 670 FTW
Biostar TA990FXA
GSkill 8GB ripjaw x

But I'm also thinking the 660ti with a ssd what do you guys think?
I'll look at any and all suggestions

Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build opinions
  1. Oh and my budget is $700 or a tiny bit more if needed
  2. Best answer
    My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $657.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

The 7950 comes with two games free, if you want a nvidia card : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BmXO
    If you want a good, reliable ssd with 128GB : http://www.microcenter.com/product/398905/M5s_PX-128M5S_128GB_SATA_II_60Gb-s_25_Internal_Solid_State_Drive_(SSD)_with_Marvell_88SS9174_Controller
  3. That is a great build I just thought that nvidia had just a little more of an edge over ago or amd (not sure what they call themselves)
  4. Nvidia cards have better drivers, amd has the raw performance, the 7950 is on par with the 660 ti, in some games it beats it, it offers crysis 3 and bioshock infinite, so it might be a good value for you, if you want those games(or didn't order them already).
  5. Yea I definetly want crysis 3 and looking at benchmarks the 660ti is just a little. It better so I'm considering the amd GPU and I have used amd for a long time so this might be dumb but can that build be overclocked at all?
  6. Yes, it has the i5-3570k which is an unlocked i5, and a z77 motherboard for overclocking, with a good budget cooler.
  7. Thanks djangoringo this seems perfect for me I won't be ordering till like Wednesday so hopefully amd still offers the games lol
  8. It will.
  9. Best answer selected by micca20.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Systems Product