Which of these Graphic Cards are the best?

Which of these graphic cards are master blaster packages?

• nVidia GTX 550 Ti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nVidia GTX 560 Ti

• nVidia GTX 670

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • nVidia GTX 680

• nVidia GTX 690

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • AMD Radeon HD 6970

• AMD Radeon HD 7870

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • AMD Radeon HD 6850

• AMD Radeon HD 6990

• AMD Radeon HD 7990

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mistrymanan9yo

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
There is generally a rivalry between nVidia and AMD.
Both the companies always go head to head between their products!
Well, nVidia is a little slower than AMD to release new graphic cards.
But nVidia has the upper hand over AMD(nearly all AMD Radeon cards suffer from micro-stuttering).

Kiowa789

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2012
Who told you nearly all?
Older cards do, newer ones don't.
Why isn't the 7950/7970 up there either? You show everything Nvidia has to offer but lacks AMD's direct competition with their top cards, (A bit biased if you ask me)

Out of that bunch however, 7990 annihilates any card out there, 690 SLI'd? 7990 CF'd.

Put up those other 2 cards though.

mistrymanan9yo

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,3329.html
tell me which card micro -stutters after reading the article above.
and btw nVidia GTX 690 beats Radeon HD 7990, Radeon HD 7970x2

I have not noticed this micro-stuttering, but then again I have an OLD 5870 :) still working well enough for me.

I also have a gtx 650 ti in my media center(so quiet with the cyclone II cooler). I have been more playing with FPS caps to see what effect it can have. Its huge. no cap -> 40fps in SC2 = fine game play and lower power consumption. Guild was is playable at 30(you just start to not notice the low frame rate after playing a bit), but 40-50 would be more nice.

Just as long as you stay away from the adaptive half refresh(huge input lag) things are good.

mistrymanan9yo

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
i always prefer nvidia cards, reason : CUDA is very useful in video converters, renderers etc., physX support , better drivers, 3D vision.

AMD cards are good. they provide more value for money than nvidia cards [better performance at same price] but their drivers are yuk!!!!. u will be banging your head against keyboard with their yuky!!! drivers.

i would suggest u buy nvidia cards if u want hassle free gaming. or u can go for amd cards if u want 'slightly' more value for money compared to nvidia cards

as far as i know. HD7990 is not out yet and it will release in june.

so your best bet is GTX690. available for Rs.63,000-72,000

After all these years, I have still had more 8800GTX driver issues then all ATI/AMD cards I have owned put together.

Everyone seems to have different issues. I had 9 months(post Vista SP1[The time I adopted it], before blaming Vista for that, my old AMD card that got me past that time working fine, so it was not the operating system) of not being able to play any high demand games.

If it was not for having an set of spare cards to test, I too may have blamed Vista for it, but in the end it was Nvidia. A near 600 dollar card should have got better support. At the time they had different drivers(and BETA) for the 2xx cards so had been ignoring the 8xxx cards. While an INF edit would let the new beta drivers work, it created other problems.

For the GTX 650 ti, it would clock FULL speed most of the time while watching video in Media Center. The beta drivers fixed it and have since been released, but again. VERY strange issue.

Worst thing AMD did over the years for me was break(most times a video glitch without crash) 1 game that required me to jump back and wait for the next release. The worst thing that came to mind was the 9800 pro gpu recover like mad in far cry with one driver release.

This is not to say AMD is perfect my older 5870 clocks down to video speed even if a game is open with a video. The drivers(or it may be a hardware issue) are not smart enough to say game + video use game clocks.

Both companies seem to have different issues. Nvidia's per program settings are YEARS ahead of AMD(but I do with it just searched for games once and did not depend on looking in the start menu to find them. Do it once on each startup and not on each launch of the control panel) and they had it almost forever too.

Never gonna get a 1 is better then the other, but the best thing for the time would have to be the 690 because you can actually buy it.

I do like CUDA, but even the old X1900's had the ability to do a form of stream processing back in the day, not many programs took advantage(they had a F@H client). It all comes down to who can get more partners online.

Mastashake15

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

What...? The 7990 absolutely smokes the 690. It's basically two 7970's in crossfire without all of the problems of crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.