Closed

Xfx 9600 gso 512mb w/48 cores

does anyone here know when this...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=747628

...will be back in stock? if not, does anyone know a good, but under $50 upgrade from a gigabyte geforce gt 610? it has to have a nice fan like the one linked.
8 answers Last reply
More about 9600 512mb cores
  1. That is not a good upgrade from a GT 610. Try a 630 maybe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130792&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

    Edit: What are you looking to do with this video card? It slipped my mind to ask...
  2. unclejehmimah said:
    That is not a good upgrade from a GT 610. Try a 630 maybe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130792&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

    Edit: What are you looking to do with this video card? It slipped my mind to ask...


    well im just playing low level games like crossfire, but my card has such a small fan, i worry it gets kind of warm. also, it runs newer, more high-end games very slowly, so i wanted an upgrade that i could afford. a gt 630 isn't what i had in mind. i was hoping to get something with a nice fan that's under 50 dollars, not over it. i do appreciate the help, though.
  3. the card is very old, not going to be instock because they stopped making it years ago. Anything will be an upgrade from the 610 because it the lowest card possible from the current generation. Just pick one from the Site Recommendations if this is confusing to you.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
  4. I have a 9800 GT I might be willing to let go of. Just a thought.

    That being said, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a nice upgrade to a $45 video card for $50
  5. abbadon_34 said:
    the card is very old, not going to be instock because they stopped making it years ago. Anything will be an upgrade from the 610 because it the lowest card possible from the current generation. Just pick one from the Site Recommendations if this is confusing to you.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html


    may i please have a link to the site's recommended list? im new here, so sorry to be a bother
  6. DarkSable said:
    I have a 9800 GT I might be willing to let go of. Just a thought.

    That being said, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a nice upgrade to a $45 video card for $50


    not a guarantee that I'll buy it, but how much did you want for it?
  7. bump. anyone there?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gigabyte Geforce Graphics Product