Closed Solved

Gtx 650 or HD 7770?

I know 7770 is better but if i use Fxaa on 650 and Msaa on 7770 obviously 650 would be better! (Since I believe Ati cards support Fxaa anyway?)
*Can I use FXAA with ATI cards? HD 7770 gives only 5fps extra on average but what if when fxaa is used?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7770
  1. game474 said:
    I know 7770 is better but if i use Fxaa on 650 and Msaa on 7770 obviously 650 would be better! (Since I believe Ati cards support Fxaa anyway?)

LOL the 650 won't beat the 7770 at anything. You should know the 7770 is far stronger. What made you compare these 2 very different cards?
  2. 7770 overpowers GTX 650 by a strong and huge margin

these 2 are completely different cards
  3. I hear you can use FXAA injectors in games to allow that, though it may be picked up as a cheating tool and you may be banned if playing online...

Take a look at this:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/131

It's for skyrim and it says in the description for both ATI and NVIDIA cards.
  4. socialfox said:
    I hear you can use FXAA injectors in games to allow that, though it may be picked up as a cheating tool and you may be banned if playing online...

Either you are a massive noob, a Troll, or you are completely confused as to what every term you used means.

AMD and Nvidia cards play ALL games on windows...
  5. CaptainTom said:
    Either you are a massive noob, a Troll, or you are completely confused as to what every term you used means.

AMD and Nvidia cards play ALL games on windows...

Well I am just trying out to help out in this section which I am not quite good at...anyways quite the nice way to respond to a person. Regardless, isn't FXAA exclusive to Nvidia or mostly used by Nvidia?

As for where I picked up the cheating tool and banning:
    http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48034
  6. socialfox said:
    Well I am just trying out to help out in this section which I am not quite good at...anyways quite the nice way to respond to a person. Regardless, isn't FXAA exclusive to Nvidia or mostly used by Nvidia?

have you tried it and does it work?
  7. socialfox said:

FXAA is not exclusive, and it is not used for cheating. That's why I responded that way: you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Look at that thread again, FXAA was being called a hack by PB. He wasn't actually cheating, Punkbuster just sucks.
  8. CaptainTom said:
    FXAA is not exclusive, and it is not used for cheating. That's why I responded that way: you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Look at that thread again, FXAA was being called a hack by PB. He wasn't actually cheating, Punkbuster just sucks.

If you read my post carefully, I said it "may be picked up as a cheating tool , I did not say it was a cheating tool, I just said it might be detected the wrong way.
  9. Best answer
    socialfox said:
    If you read my post carefully, I said it "may be picked up as a cheating tool , I did not say it was a cheating tool, I just said it might be detected the wrong way.

You don't get it. IT ISN'T EVER A CHEATING TOOL!!! Saying it is, shows that you don't know what you are talking about (Which is ok, I was a noob once too).

Let's get back on subject:

-The 7770 is far stronger than the 650 and if they are the same price, the 7770 is the obvious better buy.

-Overall the GTX 650 is always a bad buy. It is outperformed by the 7750 which costs less and uses less power.

-The only feature the 650 has that the 7770 doesn't, is Physx. But this card is way t0o weak to use it well anyways, and physx is mostly a gimic that should only be used as a tie breaker when deciding between 2 cards.

There your questions are answered. Get the 7770!
  10. CaptainTom said:
    You don't get it. IT ISN'T EVER A CHEATING TOOL!!! Saying it is, shows that you don't know what you are talking about (Which is ok, I was a noob once too).

Let's get back on subject:

-The 7770 is far stronger than the 650 and if they are the same price, the 7770 is the obvious better buy.

-Overall the GTX 650 is always a bad buy. It is outperformed by the 7750 which costs less and uses less power.

-The only feature the 650 has that the 7770 doesn't, is Physx. But this card is way t0o weak to use it well anyways, and physx is mostly a gimic that should only be used as a tie breaker when deciding between 2 cards.

There your questions are answered. Get the 7770!

Well I wasn't saying that an FXAA injector is a cheating tool, I said the game he uses may pick it up as it. Not me...
  11. game474 said:
    *Can I use FXAA with ATI cards? HD 7770 gives only 5fps extra on average but what if when fxaa is used?

Hope this helps:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=681

Tom
  12. toyftw said:

Nice one bro!! never seen that thanx :)
  13. Thank you all for your time :)
  14. Best answer selected by game474.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx HD ATI Graphics