Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Gtx 650 or HD 7770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 20, 2012 4:50:30 AM

I know 7770 is better but if i use Fxaa on 650 and Msaa on 7770 obviously 650 would be better! (Since I believe Ati cards support Fxaa anyway?)
*Can I use FXAA with ATI cards? HD 7770 gives only 5fps extra on average but what if when fxaa is used?

More about : gtx 650 7770

a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 5:03:26 AM

game474 said:
I know 7770 is better but if i use Fxaa on 650 and Msaa on 7770 obviously 650 would be better! (Since I believe Ati cards support Fxaa anyway?)


LOL the 650 won't beat the 7770 at anything. You should know the 7770 is far stronger. What made you compare these 2 very different cards?
Score
0
December 20, 2012 5:09:58 AM

7770 overpowers GTX 650 by a strong and huge margin

these 2 are completely different cards
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 5:16:44 AM

I hear you can use FXAA injectors in games to allow that, though it may be picked up as a cheating tool and you may be banned if playing online...

Take a look at this:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/131

It's for skyrim and it says in the description for both ATI and NVIDIA cards.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 5:18:43 AM

socialfox said:
I hear you can use FXAA injectors in games to allow that, though it may be picked up as a cheating tool and you may be banned if playing online...


Either you are a massive noob, a Troll, or you are completely confused as to what every term you used means.

AMD and Nvidia cards play ALL games on windows...
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 5:24:54 AM

CaptainTom said:
Either you are a massive noob, a Troll, or you are completely confused as to what every term you used means.

AMD and Nvidia cards play ALL games on windows...


Well I am just trying out to help out in this section which I am not quite good at...anyways quite the nice way to respond to a person. Regardless, isn't FXAA exclusive to Nvidia or mostly used by Nvidia?

As for where I picked up the cheating tool and banning:
http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48034

Score
0
December 20, 2012 5:44:22 AM

socialfox said:
Well I am just trying out to help out in this section which I am not quite good at...anyways quite the nice way to respond to a person. Regardless, isn't FXAA exclusive to Nvidia or mostly used by Nvidia?

As for where I picked up the cheating tool and banning:
http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48034


have you tried it and does it work?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 12:18:04 PM

socialfox said:
Well I am just trying out to help out in this section which I am not quite good at...anyways quite the nice way to respond to a person. Regardless, isn't FXAA exclusive to Nvidia or mostly used by Nvidia?

As for where I picked up the cheating tool and banning:
http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48034


FXAA is not exclusive, and it is not used for cheating. That's why I responded that way: you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Look at that thread again, FXAA was being called a hack by PB. He wasn't actually cheating, Punkbuster just sucks.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 12:20:57 PM

CaptainTom said:
FXAA is not exclusive, and it is not used for cheating. That's why I responded that way: you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Look at that thread again, FXAA was being called a hack by PB. He wasn't actually cheating, Punkbuster just sucks.


If you read my post carefully, I said it "may be picked up as a cheating tool , I did not say it was a cheating tool, I just said it might be detected the wrong way.
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 12:44:06 PM

socialfox said:
If you read my post carefully, I said it "may be picked up as a cheating tool , I did not say it was a cheating tool, I just said it might be detected the wrong way.


You don't get it. IT ISN'T EVER A CHEATING TOOL!!! Saying it is, shows that you don't know what you are talking about (Which is ok, I was a noob once too).

Let's get back on subject:

-The 7770 is far stronger than the 650 and if they are the same price, the 7770 is the obvious better buy.

-Overall the GTX 650 is always a bad buy. It is outperformed by the 7750 which costs less and uses less power.

-The only feature the 650 has that the 7770 doesn't, is Physx. But this card is way t0o weak to use it well anyways, and physx is mostly a gimic that should only be used as a tie breaker when deciding between 2 cards.

There your questions are answered. Get the 7770!
Share
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 12:47:50 PM

CaptainTom said:
You don't get it. IT ISN'T EVER A CHEATING TOOL!!! Saying it is, shows that you don't know what you are talking about (Which is ok, I was a noob once too).

Let's get back on subject:

-The 7770 is far stronger than the 650 and if they are the same price, the 7770 is the obvious better buy.

-Overall the GTX 650 is always a bad buy. It is outperformed by the 7750 which costs less and uses less power.

-The only feature the 650 has that the 7770 doesn't, is Physx. But this card is way t0o weak to use it well anyways, and physx is mostly a gimic that should only be used as a tie breaker when deciding between 2 cards.

There your questions are answered. Get the 7770!


Well I wasn't saying that an FXAA injector is a cheating tool, I said the game he uses may pick it up as it. Not me...
Score
0
a c 113 U Graphics card
December 20, 2012 1:02:21 PM

game474 said:
I know 7770 is better but if i use Fxaa on 650 and Msaa on 7770 obviously 650 would be better! (Since I believe Ati cards support Fxaa anyway?)
*Can I use FXAA with ATI cards? HD 7770 gives only 5fps extra on average but what if when fxaa is used?



Hope this helps:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=681

Tom
Score
0
December 20, 2012 3:27:53 PM

Thank you all for your time :) 
Score
0
December 20, 2012 3:28:06 PM

Best answer selected by game474.
Score
0
!