Problem with a new build

druga ilie

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello, I just built a new pc from amazon and it worked very good for the first couple of weeks, but today, while I was playing a game it just crashed and when I tried to start it again it went on for half a second, turned itself off and after another second it did the same thing again and again and eventually I had to turn it off through the PSU because it kept doing like that.
I was thinking that it could be the PSU, the Motherboard or the graphics card but as it is the first pc I built, I can`t know for sure.
The parts are:
Motherboard: P9X79 PRO
CPU: Intel core i7 3820
GPU: Sapphire vapor-x HD 7970 ghz edition
PSU: Corsair 750w
Memory: corsair vengeance 4x4gb

druga ilie

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
It is a fresh install of windows but the problem is that the computer doesn't boot, the fans spin for a split second and then the pc turns off again

druga ilie

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
*update

I opened the case and I noticed the folowing:

1) The PSU fan does not spin (although I am not quite sure it should)
2) All the case fans and the CPU fans spin, with the exception of the exhaust fan
3) There is a red light coming from a LED on the motherboard: CPU_LED
4) The case lights turn on, but they turn off shortly again like the rest

Hope this might help :)
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

druga ilie

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I did and it didn`t make any difference. I just need to know which part might be broken so I can send it back and get a replacement because all the parts are in warranty.

druga ilie

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
The 8-pin is connected, so you are saying that the CPU is broken?
No, I was not overclocking and I also have the H100 so I don`t think that overheating could have been a problem

druga ilie

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I solved the problem, it was a thing with the 8-pin cable, it didn`t connect properly to the MB.
Thanks for the advice! :)