Monitor not Finding Input on Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Hi,
I just moved houses today and upon unpacking my PC at my new house and pluging it in and turning it on I have discovered that my monitor can't find a signal from my PC... I've tried from both onboard and my card with the same results I read elsewhere to unplug my power source and hold the power button for a minute and try again... this also didn't work :(
I'm getting a brand new graphics card in a couple of days and really don't want any of the other components to be broken as they are all new and were working fine. Any ideas as to howI could fix this?
my PC specs are as follows:
mobo: p8z68-v pro/gen3
cpu: i7 2600k @4.5 with H80 cooler
ram: 8gb corsair vengeance 1600
graphics: hd5870 soc
sdd: corsair force 3 120gb (OS)
hdd: 2x1tb hdd
psu: corsair AX850

Maarsch

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2012
I think that power button trick was supposed to reset the motherboard to default.
Although I'm not sure how that is supposed to work without a powersource.

I'd try re-seating the graphics card. If you moved house the bouncing around, which I'm sure you minimized, may have caused some connection which were good enough before to be less than good enough now.
If that doesn't work remove graphics card and see if integrated graphics kick in.
If that doesn't work you may want to reset the mobo to default settings (check your mobo handbook or remove the one button battery it has) and see if integrated graphics kick in.

Other than the no signal (and I'm assuming you've tried other cables and monitors here) it makes the usual sounds? If you press "del" a lot during launch you get the BIOS beep and everything?

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

For some reason after repeating the power cycle steps multiple times eventually worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.