Nokia 6630 software issues?

Hiya,

Nokia 6630 firmware v 2.39.151 19-11-04 Vodaphone branded :(

Problems:

1. When taking photos, image looks fine while saving, then when saved, looks
rubbish (like the resolution is completely out). It looks fine when you go
into gallery, but very annoying when you just want to shoot, then look at
the picture.

2. The screensaver bar doesn't show your missed sms or phone calls (it did
on my 7650, and my fiancee's current 7610)

Other than that, very happy with phone!

Cheers, Matthew
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6630 software issues

    You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last week.

    "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote...
    > You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last
    > week.

    Just to know, in order to upgrade the firmware you need a Nokia Center?
    Or it is a way to do it at home?

    --
    Mauro Rezzonico <mauro@NOSPAMch23.org> Como, Italia
    Maybe this world is another planet's hell (H.Huxley)

    No, there's apparently no way to do it from anywhere other than a service
    center.

    Supposedly future phones will have the ability to do it via USB. But
    current ones cannot.

    "Mauro Rezzonico" <mauro@ch23.org> wrote in message

    > "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote...
    > > You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last
    > > week.
    >
    > Just to know, in order to upgrade the firmware you need a Nokia Center?
    > Or it is a way to do it at home?

    "Mauro Rezzonico" <mauro@ch23.org> wrote in message

    > "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote...
    >> You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last
    >> week.
    >
    > Just to know, in order to upgrade the firmware you need a Nokia Center?
    > Or it is a way to do it at home?

    You can upgrade the firmware at home (but not unlock it) using JAF flashing
    tool, but it's not cheap.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<