Nokia 6630 software issues?

Last response: in Brands
April 23, 2005 9:17:20 PM

Hiya,

Nokia 6630 firmware v 2.39.151 19-11-04 Vodaphone branded :(

Problems:

1. When taking photos, image looks fine while saving, then when saved, looks
rubbish (like the resolution is completely out). It looks fine when you go
into gallery, but very annoying when you just want to shoot, then look at
the picture.

2. The screensaver bar doesn't show your missed sms or phone calls (it did
on my 7650, and my fiancee's current 7610)

Other than that, very happy with phone!

Cheers, Matthew
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:23:47 PM

You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last week.

"Matthew Long" <mcp.long@NO-SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
> Hiya,
>
> Nokia 6630 firmware v 2.39.151 19-11-04 Vodaphone branded :(
>
> Problems:
>
> 1. When taking photos, image looks fine while saving, then when saved,
looks
> rubbish (like the resolution is completely out). It looks fine when you go
> into gallery, but very annoying when you just want to shoot, then look at
> the picture.
>
> 2. The screensaver bar doesn't show your missed sms or phone calls (it did
> on my 7650, and my fiancee's current 7610)
>
> Other than that, very happy with phone!
>
> Cheers, Matthew

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:41:31 AM

"wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote...
> You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last
> week.

Just to know, in order to upgrade the firmware you need a Nokia Center?
Or it is a way to do it at home?

--
Mauro Rezzonico <mauro@NOSPAMch23.org> Como, Italia
Maybe this world is another planet's hell (H.Huxley)

No, there's apparently no way to do it from anywhere other than a service
center.

Supposedly future phones will have the ability to do it via USB. But
current ones cannot.

"Mauro Rezzonico" <mauro@ch23.org> wrote in message

> "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote...
> > You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last
> > week.
>
> Just to know, in order to upgrade the firmware you need a Nokia Center?
> Or it is a way to do it at home?
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 11:15:46 AM

"Mauro Rezzonico" <mauro@ch23.org> wrote in message

> "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote...
>> You're several firmware revs behind. A 4.0 version just came out last
>> week.
>
> Just to know, in order to upgrade the firmware you need a Nokia Center?
> Or it is a way to do it at home?

You can upgrade the firmware at home (but not unlock it) using JAF flashing
tool, but it's not cheap.

--
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<