halo for pc video problem

i have a visiontek video card that has a ati 9600 radeon(256mb) i have the
latest driver and have direct x 9c. the game will not start it says direct 3d
will not initialize. direct3d is enable and is working when i test it in
dxdiag. i changed my bios setting to 256mb. what else can i try ????
Need help, thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about halo video problem

    "salica" <salica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have a visiontek video card that has a ati 9600 radeon(256mb) i have the
    > latest driver and have direct x 9c. the game will not start it says direct
    > 3d
    > will not initialize. direct3d is enable and is working when i test it in
    > dxdiag. i changed my bios setting to 256mb. what else can i try ????
    > Need help, thank you.

    Have you tried grabbing the latest patch for Halo - I think there was an
    issue between SP2 and 256MB cards - have a look at
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp?

    On aperture size in the BIOS I think I had to change mine to 64MB to get it
    to work, at least with the drivers that were available in August.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    I have the very same vidio card,same problem..To fix tihs problem DO
    THIS..install program then open folder on computer look for program
    update.This will install a small update Ver 6.this sorts this.It does
    work..Hope this is helpfull...

    "salica" wrote:

    > i have a visiontek video card that has a ati 9600 radeon(256mb) i have the
    > latest driver and have direct x 9c. the game will not start it says direct 3d
    > will not initialize. direct3d is enable and is working when i test it in
    > dxdiag. i changed my bios setting to 256mb. what else can i try ????
    > Need help, thank you.

    I need help on this too. The game won't run cux Direct 3D
    is not running, even though dxdiag says it is.

Games Windows XP