halo for pc video problem

i have a visiontek video card that has a ati 9600 radeon(256mb) i have the
latest driver and have direct x 9c. the game will not start it says direct 3d
will not initialize. direct3d is enable and is working when i test it in
dxdiag. i changed my bios setting to 256mb. what else can i try ????
Need help, thank you.

"salica" <salica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a visiontek video card that has a ati 9600 radeon(256mb) i have the
> latest driver and have direct x 9c. the game will not start it says direct
> 3d
> will not initialize. direct3d is enable and is working when i test it in
> dxdiag. i changed my bios setting to 256mb. what else can i try ????
> Need help, thank you.

Have you tried grabbing the latest patch for Halo - I think there was an
issue between SP2 and 256MB cards - have a look at
http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp?

On aperture size in the BIOS I think I had to change mine to 64MB to get it
to work, at least with the drivers that were available in August.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Alan

I have the very same vidio card,same problem..To fix tihs problem DO
THIS..install program then open folder on computer look for program
update.This will install a small update Ver 6.this sorts this.It does
work..Hope this is helpfull...

"salica" wrote:

> i have a visiontek video card that has a ati 9600 radeon(256mb) i have the
> latest driver and have direct x 9c. the game will not start it says direct 3d
> will not initialize. direct3d is enable and is working when i test it in
> dxdiag. i changed my bios setting to 256mb. what else can i try ????
> Need help, thank you.

I need help on this too. The game won't run cux Direct 3D
is not running, even though dxdiag says it is.