Sign in with
Your question

Antec 300 Case

Last response: in Systems
February 4, 2013 6:47:26 PM

Hello, well I purchased a new case and it comes with a total of 4 fans, 2 in the front, one on top and one in the back. I have plugged in all the fans except one in the front because either my MB doesn't have the extra slot or I can't find it.

Does anyone have this Case+MB setu or know what I need to do to get this other front fan on?

My Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : antec 300 case

Related resources
February 4, 2013 8:07:54 PM

MauveCloud said:
You just need an adapter such as this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and you can connect the fan to a spare molex connector from the power supply.

This might be a dumb question but all PSU's come with extra molex connectors right? and all I do is connect the fan to the adapter, then the adapter with the molex connector right?
m
l
February 4, 2013 9:04:26 PM

I have the same case and all fans are a molex connection. They do not connect to your mobo, they connect to the psu only. You don't need the adapter and all the fans have a speed switch. Also the fans' molex are double sided, meaning you can connect all fans to one plug. I wouldn't say to since all psus have multiple molex connections but it's not going to hurt.
m
l
February 4, 2013 9:07:32 PM

I had the same case before and it came with only the rear and top fans installed, so OP might have gotten the case used with alternate fans installed that connect to motherboard headers.
m
l
February 4, 2013 9:15:37 PM

He linked to the illusion version which is a newegg exclusive. This "special" version has always been packaged with 4 fans.
m
l
February 4, 2013 9:53:04 PM

You must be mistaking the antec 302. Unless it was a modded case, no 300 has cable management holes.
m
l
February 4, 2013 10:06:53 PM

They changed the hdd to side mounted, tooless design, rear expansion slots, bottom psu inlet, usb 3.0 among other things. Even looking at your box, that is the 302 box, take a look at the 300's box. Go look at your box, does it really say three hundred not three hundred two.
m
l
February 4, 2013 10:30:36 PM

k1114 said:
I have the same case and all fans are a molex connection. They do not connect to your mobo, they connect to the psu only. You don't need the adapter and all the fans have a speed switch. Also the fans' molex are double sided, meaning you can connect all fans to one plug. I wouldn't say to since all psus have multiple molex connections but it's not going to hurt.

Okay so you are saying that I do not need that adapter? I can go ahead and connect the front fan into one of the molex plugs?

My 3 other fans are plugged into my MB.
m
l
February 4, 2013 10:38:13 PM

k1114 said:

JBy350 said:
Okay so you are saying that I do not need that adapter? I can go ahead and connect the front fan into one of the molex plugs?

My 3 other fans are plugged into my MB.

I have the same case and didn't know that, is it ok that I plugged them into the motherboard? They still run, but I realize now that they should've gone straight to my PSU.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread with my own question, but this caught my eye.
m
l
February 4, 2013 11:43:07 PM

If you had the fans with only molex connectors (like in the original 300, not familiar with the 300 illusion or the 302), they wouldn't have successfully plugged into the motherboard. If the fans have the small header connectors, you'll need an adapter to connect one of them to the power supply.
m
l
February 5, 2013 1:16:15 AM

Now you are making me think they changed the fans to the other tricool fans with both molex and 3pin. But it really doesn't matter what connection they have, just plug them in the correct place. If it's in the mobo or the psu, it doesn't matter.
m
l
!