Antec 300 Case

JBy350

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
I have the same case and all fans are a molex connection. They do not connect to your mobo, they connect to the psu only. You don't need the adapter and all the fans have a speed switch. Also the fans' molex are double sided, meaning you can connect all fans to one plug. I wouldn't say to since all psus have multiple molex connections but it's not going to hurt.

They changed the hdd to side mounted, tooless design, rear expansion slots, bottom psu inlet, usb 3.0 among other things. Even looking at your box, that is the 302 box, take a look at the 300's box. Go look at your box, does it really say three hundred not three hundred two.

JBy350

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Okay so you are saying that I do not need that adapter? I can go ahead and connect the front fan into one of the molex plugs?

My 3 other fans are plugged into my MB.

wolfkraut

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

I have the same case and didn't know that, is it ok that I plugged them into the motherboard? They still run, but I realize now that they should've gone straight to my PSU.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread with my own question, but this caught my eye.

If you had the fans with only molex connectors (like in the original 300, not familiar with the 300 illusion or the 302), they wouldn't have successfully plugged into the motherboard. If the fans have the small header connectors, you'll need an adapter to connect one of them to the power supply.

Now you are making me think they changed the fans to the other tricool fans with both molex and 3pin. But it really doesn't matter what connection they have, just plug them in the correct place. If it's in the mobo or the psu, it doesn't matter.