NOKIA 6600 Bluetooth connection problem

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 25, 2005 12:32:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi,

I have been trying out the bluetooth on my 6600 but I seem to be having trouble initiating
transfers to other devices. The phone sees the other phones but 4 times out of 5 it gives a
connection failed error when sending any type of file.

I have a BlueSoleil USB dongle and it takes several attempts to start the bluetooth serial port
service. When it does finally connect the connection is totally rock solid. It's just getting the
connection going in the first place that's the problem.

Is this a problem with my phone or is this a known problem with all 6600s?

*#0000# gives this info..

V 3.42.1
16-10-03
NHL-10

Cheers,
Davey
April 25, 2005 12:32:24 AM

DaveyB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying out the bluetooth on my 6600 but I seem to be having trouble initiating
> transfers to other devices. The phone sees the other phones but 4 times out of 5 it gives a
> connection failed error when sending any type of file.

i have this trouble with conecting to my PC through a bluetooth dongle.
I always have to re-pair the PC and phone to do anything after each
restart of the PC or phone, but once connectined they work fine as you say.

> *#0000# gives this info..
>
> V 3.42.1
> 16-10-03
> NHL-10

i have
V 4.09.1
26-02-04
NHL-10

i believe the lastest version is 5.27.0 (see
http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=15...)

but i don't know if this fixes anything

Michael Pritchard
Web :: http://www.blueghost.co.uk
Reply-To :: replace '@austin.3.16' with '@blueyonder.co.uk'
Ad :: Want your Nokia phone fully unlocked and reset, see
:: http://www.blueghost.co.uk/unlock_guide/
April 25, 2005 2:40:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

DaveyB <no@email.com> wrote in

> I have been trying out the bluetooth on my 6600 but I seem to be
> having trouble initiating transfers to other devices. The phone sees
> the other phones but 4 times out of 5 it gives a connection failed
> error when sending any type of file.

No problems sending or receivng files on my 6600 - computer has a D-Link
DBT120 Bluetooth dongle using the WinXP SP2 built-in Bluetooth stack.
No problems sending/receiving from my XDA II either.

> V 3.42.1
> 16-10-03
> NHL-10

V 4.09.1