No Performance increase after GPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprix

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hi, i just bought a Galaxy GTX 650 Ti to replace my old PNY GT 430, expecting a major boost in performance but that wasn't the case :/

I unisntalled my old drivers, slotted the new card correctly, download and installled the latest NVIDIA drivers (310.70) and after countless tests in different games my FPS is exactly the same or worse...My Windows experience in Graphics did went up from 6.7 to 7.4 but that was it...

My specs:

CPU: E5700 dual core 3.0Ghz
MOBO: Intel G41 Express Chipset
RAM: 4gb DDR3
PSU: ATX 500w PIV
Display: 32inch Sony Bravia 720p HD TV (using the VGA to DVI adapter the card came with)

I also get this weird 3D/high contrast/yellowish look in all games if I leave the 3D vision programs from nvidia installed

Btw when I used GPU-Z on default clock it says 540Mhz and on GPU clock 966, which I found weird since this card is factory overclocked and the default clock should be 928mhz

Thanks in advance.

Solution
your PSU made looks like a crapo local came with cabinet, if i'm right go get a decent psu like corsair cx430 v2 or any branded psu and one more thing your CPU is limiting your performance.

Note: PSU upgrade is must.

Simu

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
your PSU made looks like a crapo local came with cabinet, if i'm right go get a decent psu like corsair cx430 v2 or any branded psu and one more thing your CPU is limiting your performance.

Note: PSU upgrade is must.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts