my brother and i just got the sims. ( #1). We have different accounts, and we
were wondering if we could share the program, or do we have to install it
twice? help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
--
eitsirhc

"eitsirhc" <eitsirhc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my brother and i just got the sims. ( #1). We have different accounts, and
> we
> were wondering if we could share the program, or do we have to install it
> twice? help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Depends entirely on the program itself. Some will give you the option to
install for all users or just the current user, some will just install to
all users, or some will install with access to all users and just not place
shortcuts on the other users desktops.

Do both accounts have administrative rights? If so typically you shouldn't
need to install twice, first thing I'd try would be copying the shortcut
from the Start Menu - onto the other users desktop and see if that works.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.