Is my system outdated?

In other words would I notice a difference in online gaming by upgrading anything?

I basically play Call of Duty Black Ops II. I use widescreenfixer and flawless widescreen. I have an eyefinity setup with three 25 inch 1080p monitors.

CPU: i7 930
GPU: 6970 2gb
Ram: 6gb Cas 6 ddr3 1600 mushkin redline
HDD: 500gb single platter... 2tb storage
Power supply: 1k watt mushkin....i had two gtx 480s before so i needed that much
5 answers Last reply
More about system outdated
  1. Is your system outdated? I'd say so.
    Are you going to notice any difference if you upgraded? I don't think so.

-Wolf sends
  2. ^+1

it's still a decent system for gaming mind you, but a single 6970 for 3x1080p monitors is kinda pushing it.

consider maybe getting another 6970 if you're looking to spend $$$ anytime soon. or if you're patient, save up till the high-end GTX700/HD8000 come out. a single one of those should perform a lot better than a single 6970 at 3x1080p i'd reckon.
  3. Wolfshadw said:
    Is your system outdated? I'd say so.
    Are you going to notice any difference if you upgraded? I don't think so.

-Wolf sends

are you saying that he wouldn't notice much difference because he plays COD, which isn't exactly the most demanding game? if so, i totally agree. but his system isn't THAT outdated, a GPU change and he's right back in the game with more demanding titles.
  4. Best thing you could do is getting an SSD. Upgrading anything else other than GPU to 7970 or adding another 6970 is a waste of money from purely gaming perspective.
    Getting 7970 would be a safer bet either way because it eliminates all the issues that are common in multi GPU setups such as game compatibility and micro-stutter. Power consumption isn't negligible either.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/618?vs=515 (6990 = 2x6970)
    Your CPU still has years in it to give.
  5. Thanks for the replies! I think the best value is getting another 6970; however, online is the key term. I play shooters. My current internet speed is 14ms ping, 25mbps down, and 2mbps up. Timewarnercable. (Its the best i can get where I live)...my lte phone is faster..... I have a concern that because I use 3 1080p monitors, the data i'm pushing is causing the lag to my system vs. one 1080p screen.

Any thoughts on the limitations of 3 1080p vs. 1 in online gaming?

Thanks,
    brennon7
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems