Issues with my new PC & Diablo III

tyrus

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Hi,
i just recently bought a new pc (Hp h8-1234 model) and wanted to get back into Diablo 3. However, whenever I open it i get extremely low framerate.. about 20 FPS even on the menus screen. I read many reviews about the pc that I bought before I bought it and all of them said that they can run Diablo 3 no problem. The pc i have has a AMD Radeon HD 7450 graphics card in it. I know it is not the best graphics card or not even really good, but it should be plenty for Diablo 3, especially when I put all of my settings on the lowest/off, it does not make a difference. I tried uninstalling all of the drivers on my graphics card and reinstalling the newest update of the drivers and it is still unplayable. I don't understand why it is like this.

here is a link to my pc's specs - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03359045&lc=en&product=5231389

if you have any suggestions/have heard of a similar issue please let me know.

Thanks

make sure download directx 9.0c.
www.filehippo.com/download_directx/
june 10. 2011.
install and then reboot and see if your frame rate changes. if is does not check in the ccc for any energy saving settings. set the can to max performace..one screen and check the 4ax settings is. if it set to 8 or 16xx turn it down. if it set at 16x in the game turn it down. in the game itself make sure all the patches are loaded. you may have to turn down the eye candy to get a higher frame rate. the problem with your pre built is the power supply is so weak you cant put a newer and better gpu without replacing the power supply. if i was going to do some gaming i would return the pc. i would by the same cpu or a low end intel cpu and a 7700 or a 650ti video card. or look into a ipower or other pre built gaming pc.

tyrus

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Yes I got the drivers from AMD, and i'm fairly certain its not a driver issue because I downloaded driver sweeper and got rid of the old drivers before installing the new one.

tyrus

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

1680x1050 is my resolution.

And the weird thing is I get ~20 FPS when im standing around in a town, or even in the menus, switching between characters and what not, everything is a bit delayed because of the low FPS. The way to show your FPS ingame is control + R, and even in the menus it shows me only getting 20 FPS lol.

Try the lowest details(everything on low except the textures, that you can put it on high)+that resolution.
Also see if you don't have any anti-virus running or any app that eats the cpu.
Also you can try to overclock the card with msi afterburner to see if you gain a few fps.
More that that only buying a better gpu.

tyrus

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Everything already is on the lowest/off, and I have Game Booster on to get rid of the extra processes in the background.

I actually have an Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 card that I could put into this cpu but I am a bit discouraged because this power supply is so weak. The GTS 450 worked in my old cpu which only had a 300 watt power supply (I believe), since this Radeon card is so bad I might just try and replace it.

tyrus

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Ok, can you tell me if the Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 will work with my current power supply even though I know its low watts? Is it worth trying? because I already have the GTS 450 and wouldn't need to buy it.. its sitting right next to me. I'd like to make this work without paying anymore money.

The 450 GTS draws max load 150w(more than the triple of the 7450), needs a 6 pin pcie connector, that psu only has 300w and no pcie connectors.
So it will not do for that psu, only cards like the 7750.
You can sell the card(s) or buy a new cheap, but with quality psu like the antec vp-450

tyrus

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

thanks for your help, appreciate it