Sign in with
Your question

Need help with LAN/WAN connections.

Last response: in Networking
January 24, 2012 1:39:40 PM

Hey guys, I have windows 7 PC. On the normal bases it has 3 internet connections 2 wireless and 1 hardwired. The 2 wireless are used for internet access and the hardwired is for my LAN through my router. The wireless connections are throught ATT mobile devices. I use my lan to share files through PC in my household and it has no internet access. The problem is that whenever I have all 3 of these connections connected windows always sees the hardwire connection as internet access so I can't use the internet even if my 2 other wireless connections are enabled. However, If I disable the Local area network connections and the leave 2 wireless connections enabled I have internet again... is there a way to just make windows use the hardwired connection as local and use the wireless connections for internet?

thanks again

More about : lan wan connections

a b 2 Internet access
a b X LAN
January 24, 2012 5:06:43 PM

Click Start Button
Right Click Network and left Click Properties
In the Network And Sharing Center window click Change Adapter Settings
In the Network Connections window, hit the alt key on your keyboard to open up the menu bar
Select the Advanced menu and then Advanced Settings
In Advanced Settings go to the Adapters and Bindings tab and under Connections you will see the order they are in, you can use the green arrows to the side to move the connection priority up and down -- move a wireless above the wired LAN.
m
l
!