Status
Not open for further replies.

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hello! I have Windows XP Pro 32 running with 4 GB DDR5 Ram. I just got hooked up with an older GT 620 2GB video card, but my question is will that mess anything up? This is kind of hard to explain but, I know XP 32 has a 4 GB limit. Does that mean my video card will do nothing then? Or will it downgrade my mobo memory to 2 GB? Thanks for your time.

Solution
Your video card uses it's own seperate VRAM that is used to process graphical details i.e. video game graphics.

RAM or random access memory is used by the OS to store anything that needs to be temporarily stored i.e. webpages.

So to answer your question, no. Your video card is totally separate and will have no affect on your RAM limit.

Dupontrocks11

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Your video card uses it's own seperate VRAM that is used to process graphical details i.e. video game graphics.

RAM or random access memory is used by the OS to store anything that needs to be temporarily stored i.e. webpages.

So to answer your question, no. Your video card is totally separate and will have no affect on your RAM limit.

Solution

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.