Will There Be A Radeon HD 10000 Series?

For example I don't know how to say 10870, it just sound weird.
27 answers Last reply
More about will radeon 10000 series
  1. Well, There wasnt a 10000 series Nvidia GPU so who knows? =D

    Doesnt sound all the odd to me. Instead of saying for example eighty-nine ninety, Would would say it like "One O Eight Seventy" or One O Seven Fifty"

    Seems "Logical" to me

    Now I cant wait to see what AMD bigwig decides to call them LOL
  2. It was up to Radeon X1??? before ATI changed it to Radeon HD 2??? series. Maybe after Radeon HD 9???, it will be Radeon HD X1??? series, AMD will then recycle the brand and call the generation after Radeon HD X1??? Radeon 4K 2???.
  3. they can called it whatever they want with it but what matters are how they are going to perform in games. btw some might wonder if amd still exist by the time they should release the HD 10k series :lol:
  4. renz496 said:
    they can called it whatever they want with it but what matters are how they are going to perform in games. btw some might wonder if amd still exist by the time they should release the HD 10k series :lol:

    Well, that depends on how bulldozer will turn out.
  5. I may be a Nvidia Fanboy but even I dont want AMD to kick the bucket. Nvidia Prices already tick me off
  6. simmons33 said:
    I may be a Nvidia Fanboy but even I dont want AMD to kick the bucket. Nvidia Prices already tick me off

    AMD should lower their prices on the 8000 series so they can put something such as the 8870 to be as fast as the GTX 780.
  7. I wish they would. I love to see them stab each other in the back

    If there is a sizable performance increase over the 7000/600 line then they'll probably gouge us to death
  8. simmons33 said:
    I wish they would. I love to see them stab each other in the back

    If there is a sizable performance increase over the 7000/600 line then they'll probably gouge us to death

    They need to change their name to AMP. Advanced Micro Potatoes.
  9. melikepie said:
    They need to change their name to AMP. Advanced Micro Potatoes.


    Thats Amazing

    Aged Microwaved Potatoes
  10. simmons33 said:
    Thats Amazing

    Aged Microwaved Potatoes

    Internet Nuke Tells Everyone Lies
  11. Hes been quite knowledgable to me =D lol
  12. It really doesn't seem like they will make it within the next five years.
  13. melikepie said:
    AMD should lower their prices on the 8000 series so they can put something such as the 8870 to be as fast as the GTX 780.


    what do yo mean? sell their card cheap for that generation so that generation mid range card can perform as fast as competitor fastest single flagship?
  14. simmons33 said:
    I wish they would. I love to see them stab each other in the back

    If there is a sizable performance increase over the 7000/600 line then they'll probably gouge us to death



    You know there is always the option of not buying things that you think are too expensive. Pricing is a pet hate of mine but no one else seems to give a thought to it. AMD really took the proverbial with the 7 series launch and still people bought it and defended the pricing :pfff:

    Mactronix :)
  15. Pyree said:
    It was up to Radeon X1??? before ATI changed it to Radeon HD 2??? series. Maybe after Radeon HD 9???, it will be Radeon HD X1??? series, AMD will then recycle the brand and call the generation after Radeon HD X1??? Radeon 4K 2???.


    God I hope not.

    melikepie said:
    Well, that depends on how bulldozer will turn out.


    Bulldozer is already out. Didn't turn out that well.
  16. sam_p_lay said:
    God I hope not.


    Bulldozer is already out. Didn't turn out that well.

    I know, but I mean what they will do with it.
  17. melikepie said:
    I know, but I mean what they will do with it.


    Well I was disappointed with both companies after they had gone right around the clock. AMD, after starting with the Radeon 7000s, has gone all the way back around to the 7000s (or HD 7000s if you wanna split hairs about it). nVidia went all the way back round to the 2 series, then another 4, 5, 6, and soon 7 series. I get that they're both strong brands but come on - GeForce isn't even a good name! They should open it up to a competition. I'll bet somebody could come up with some awesome new names.
  18. melikepie said:
    I know, but I mean what they will do with it.


    Sorry I misread that. You mean what will they do with the Bulldozer chips?

    They could use them to build some kind of Lego-like models of famous landmarks I suppose?

    Maybe they should run a competition for that too :-) 'What should we do with all these Bulldozers?'
  19. sam_p_lay said:
    Sorry I misread that. You mean what will they do with the Bulldozer chips?

    They could use them to build some kind of Lego-like models of famous landmarks I suppose?

    Maybe they should run a competition for that too :-) 'What should we do with all these Bulldozers?'

    Yes, if steamroller is a hit then AMD should give out the rest of the bulldozer chips and see what people make out of them :).
  20. melikepie said:
    Yes, if steamroller is a hit then AMD should give out the rest of the bulldozer chips and see what people make out of them :).


    Haha yeah. Raspberry Pi II maybe. With 16 extra connectors for phone chargers...
  21. sam_p_lay said:
    Haha yeah. Raspberry Pi II maybe. With 16 extra connectors for phone chargers...

    I know bulldozer isn't the best but don't you think that's a little too much for such a tiny thing?
  22. melikepie said:
    I know bulldozer isn't the best but don't you think that's a little too much for such a tiny thing?


    It was just a joke, as was the 16 connectors ;-)
  23. sam_p_lay said:
    It was just a joke, as was the 16 connectors ;-)

    I know, but that would kinda overheat lol. The cooler would be bigger then the chip :).
  24. simmons33 said:
    Well, There wasnt a 10000 series Nvidia GPU so who knows? =D

    Doesnt sound all the odd to me. Instead of saying for example eighty-nine ninety, Would would say it like "One O Eight Seventy" or One O Seven Fifty"

    Seems "Logical" to me

    Now I cant wait to see what AMD bigwig decides to call them LOL

    For example I say the 6870 "Sixty Eight Seventy", I don't understand how you say things :).
  25. I'm guessing AMD will change their naming scheme before then as 5 numbers doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as 4? lol but they can call their next-gen card the Radeon 100870 for all I care as long as it's a great card :D
  26. Maybe, I'm still waiting for InVidia to make something.
  27. amuffin said:
    It really doesn't seem like they will make it within the next five years.

    How can you say that :'(? Also when InVidia makes their first GPU, you'll be sorry because you didn't believe in them before they came out :).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Radeon Graphics