Will There Be A Radeon HD 10000 Series?

simmons33

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Well, There wasnt a 10000 series Nvidia GPU so who knows? =D

Doesnt sound all the odd to me. Instead of saying for example eighty-nine ninety, Would would say it like "One O Eight Seventy" or One O Seven Fifty"

Seems "Logical" to me

Now I cant wait to see what AMD bigwig decides to call them LOL

It was up to Radeon X1??? before ATI changed it to Radeon HD 2??? series. Maybe after Radeon HD 9???, it will be Radeon HD X1??? series, AMD will then recycle the brand and call the generation after Radeon HD X1??? Radeon 4K 2???.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Well, that depends on how bulldozer will turn out.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

AMD should lower their prices on the 8000 series so they can put something such as the 8870 to be as fast as the GTX 780.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

They need to change their name to AMP. Advanced Micro Potatoes.

what do yo mean? sell their card cheap for that generation so that generation mid range card can perform as fast as competitor fastest single flagship?

You know there is always the option of not buying things that you think are too expensive. Pricing is a pet hate of mine but no one else seems to give a thought to it. AMD really took the proverbial with the 7 series launch and still people bought it and defended the pricing :pfff:

Mactronix :)

God I hope not.

Bulldozer is already out. Didn't turn out that well.

Well I was disappointed with both companies after they had gone right around the clock. AMD, after starting with the Radeon 7000s, has gone all the way back around to the 7000s (or HD 7000s if you wanna split hairs about it). nVidia went all the way back round to the 2 series, then another 4, 5, 6, and soon 7 series. I get that they're both strong brands but come on - GeForce isn't even a good name! They should open it up to a competition. I'll bet somebody could come up with some awesome new names.

Sorry I misread that. You mean what will they do with the Bulldozer chips?

They could use them to build some kind of Lego-like models of famous landmarks I suppose?

Maybe they should run a competition for that too :) 'What should we do with all these Bulldozers?'

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Yes, if steamroller is a hit then AMD should give out the rest of the bulldozer chips and see what people make out of them :).

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

For example I say the 6870 "Sixty Eight Seventy", I don't understand how you say things :).