Sign in with
Your question

Airflow Setup.

Last response: in Systems
February 5, 2013 11:48:46 AM

Can you give me a good airflow setup with my case?

Aerocool vs-3 advance.

I have an power supply with 12cm fan and an Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO socket am3 facing downwards.

thanks.,

More about : airflow setup

a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 12:00:38 PM

Front and side fans intake, rear exhuast. The CPU cooler should face so the fan blows out the back.
m
l
February 5, 2013 12:02:34 PM

The 212 should face the rear of your case and pretty much line up with your rear exhaust fan. That way the fresh air comes in the front of your case (assume you have at least one front intake fan) the 212 fan pulls air through the heatsink and the rear fair exhausts the hot air.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 12:40:49 PM

front, bottom, sides should be intakes.
Rear, top, and Heat sink should be exhaust.
the 212 fan should line up with the rear exhaust fan, and be pulling air through the heat sink.
m
l
February 6, 2013 4:48:34 AM

ScrewySqrl said:
front, bottom, sides should be intakes.
Rear, top, and Heat sink should be exhaust.
the 212 fan should line up with the rear exhaust fan, and be pulling air through the heat sink.

you mean this setup?? let's assume that the blue lines is my psu and cpu cooler. the red arrow indicates the wind direction. :D 

what I'm gonna do with the remaining fan slot it's the red circles.

m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 18, 2013 12:06:30 PM

your picture is mostly right, except the PSU will be flipped from that, pulling in air from the bottom and exhausting it out the back, isolated from the rest of the airflow. that extra fan slot on the right side of the cabinet could be an intake, but its mostly going to be blocked by your motherboard, so It has little effect.
m
l
!