Getting contact numbers from Nokia 6600 - please help

Last response: in Brands
April 26, 2005 4:47:04 PM

I have just received my new mobile phone which is a Sony Ericsson V800, the
phone I have been using is a Nokia 6600.

Does anyone know if there is a simple way of copying all my telephone
numbers (and any other contact details i.e. email addresses) from my Nokia
6600 to my new Sony Ericsson V800 without having to type it all in manually?

Any help or information will be gratefully received.

Thanks!
April 27, 2005 1:00:22 AM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:47:04 +0100, "Neil Hindry"
<n_nospam_hindry@_nospam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have just received my new mobile phone which is a Sony Ericsson V800, the
>phone I have been using is a Nokia 6600.
>
>Does anyone know if there is a simple way of copying all my telephone
>numbers (and any other contact details i.e. email addresses) from my Nokia
>6600 to my new Sony Ericsson V800 without having to type it all in manually?
>
>Any help or information will be gratefully received.
>
>Thanks!

Get an account on Mobical www.mobical.net

Pietro
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 1:27:50 AM

Copy the numbers from your PHONE to your SIM in the 6600, transfer the SIM
to the other phone, then move the contacts FROM the SIM, TO the PHONE memory
of your V800. It'll be "long winded", but may prove quicker than having to
re-key them all. HOWEVER....You'll probaly lose the sub entry numbers (Work,
Fax, Other, E-mail details etc), as I don't think?? you'll be able to copy
them from your 6600 PHONE memory to the SIM card??

Good luck.

Hang on....

What about (if you have the cable/connectivity) taking the numbers from your
6600 into Nokia data suite, then export as a CSV file, and import to your
V600 desktop software (if the V600 has desktop software of course??). Just a
thought.

Good luck

!