Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Monitor 'Out of range'

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2012 7:38:50 AM

Hi.
My monitor sometimes shows 'out of range' when playing games.
Not all games, but some.
I was trying to play Star Trek Online on Steam today and my monitor keeps going 'out of range'

What should I do to fix it?
Thank you in advance.

My monitor is an LCD 21'5" BenQ LG2220 (if im not mistaken)

P.S : I really don't know which Sub-category I should put this in :/ 

More about : monitor range

December 21, 2012 8:30:04 AM

Check all fans are working correctly and not damaged.
Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
m
l
December 21, 2012 8:52:00 AM

The out of range refers to the refresh rate being too high and the monitor being unable to display the images. After a bit of searching it appears that your monitor is only to display up to 60 Hz so be sure that your games are not set to 75 Hz or 120 Hz.
m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2012 8:59:12 AM

bigbasedrum said:
The out of range refers to the refresh rate being too high and the monitor being unable to display the images. After a bit of searching it appears that your monitor is only to display up to 60 Hz so be sure that your games are not set to 75 Hz or 120 Hz.

How can I find out the refresh rates of the game?
Thank u for the reply.
m
l
December 21, 2012 1:28:02 PM

In the options menu there should be an option for graphics or graphics settings, or something similar. In the graphics menu there should be an option for refresh rate, it's usually near the top along with the resolution settings, just set this to 60 and you shouldn't see any more problems. Hope this solves your problem.
m
l

Best solution

December 21, 2012 1:29:09 PM

In the options menu there should be an option for graphics or graphics settings, or something similar. In the graphics menu there should be an option for refresh rate, it's usually near the top along with the resolution settings, just set this to 60 and you shouldn't see any more problems. Hope this solves your problem.
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
December 21, 2012 3:03:57 PM

if you use a ati card open ccc panel go to desktop management open it then see desktop property you will the refresh rate for yuor screen and the settins for her.
m
l
!