I built My 1st PC Year Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjack339

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
And I could not be happier with my decision. I am just checking in here to see if you all think my system will need upgrades anytime soon. I am hoping I can hold off 1 more year, but am willing to do some upgrades sooner.

i5 2500k (OC'd to about 4.5)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance
2X 6950 (2GB each) in CFX (I plan on getting 1 top of the line GPU as opposed to CFX next time)
P67 PRO (REV 3.1) MOBO
60GB SSD (this was definitly a mistake should have gotten at least 128gb for my boot drive)

thats it for the stuff that I would need to upgrade. I plan off re-using
750ww Corsair PSU (Modular)
2X 23in Monitors
MS Sidewinder Keyboard
Case
2 TB HDD
Windows 7 OEM
Hyper 212 cooling system

I think the initial investment on the system was like 1800-2000 dollars but if I reuse the stuff in the second cat I think I can build the next on about 1,000 to 1,200. If my parents or whomever want my old guts I would leave the PSU and get a new one.

Solution
Agree it would be nice to have a bigger SSD. I think your CPU/mobo/etc have lots of legs left.

Might look at buying a 3rd identical monitor. No way would I play a shooter or RPG with two monitors (unless you game on one and have chat/web/temps on the other).

Superbucsfan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Are you seeing any problems in performance? That might help to diagnose what to upgrade next. Or are you simply asking to stay ahead of the curve? Because that is not a bad thing at all either.

Either way, nice system.

Agree it would be nice to have a bigger SSD. I think your CPU/mobo/etc have lots of legs left.

Might look at buying a 3rd identical monitor. No way would I play a shooter or RPG with two monitors (unless you game on one and have chat/web/temps on the other).

Solution

jjack339

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
thanks for the replys, I was seeing some issues with Guild Wars 2, but I upgraded to Catalyst 13.2 beta and it is much much better (like 20-30%) I can now run on Ultra and get over 60 FPS everywhere (in Lion's Arch it dips to the low 50s)

Status
Not open for further replies.