Sign in with
Your question

Computer not displaying to Samsung monitor

December 21, 2012 2:49:23 PM

Hey guys. I'm having a bit of an issue here. I used to use a Samsung Syncmaster P2270 (no hmdi input, just dvi) a while back with a HD 4650 which was all fine and well. Used a HDMI to DVI cable and it was all good at 1920x1080. One day I got my card upgraded to an XFX Radeon HD 5750. Used the same layout. HDMI to DVI cable was the same. Everything except the graphics card and it was all good. But a while back it just stopped displaying. I did nothing, just turned on the pc. I've tested the cable with this card and a Haans G monitor and it works fine. I've tried the Samsung monitor with my dad's old Asus GeForce 7500 and it was fine. Even outputting to 1080p. So the graphics card is fine, the cable is fine and the monitor is fine. When it's unplugged the monitor says no display but when I connect it the standby light goes solid for a second then flashes and the message disappears. By using teamspeak I found that the computer does not recognize the monitor at all. (normally it says Haans G or Samsung Syncmaster (when it worked)). Can anyone explain to me what's going on?
!