fadi

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

ok... so I used to open applications that are 16-bit in Windows XP perfectly
fine.... but now I can't it tells me that it's not compatible with the
widows....

http://www.freewebs.com/bandora6/16bit.bmp

Anyways I went to a support page in Microsoft and it said that if that
happens go to Start > Run > then type Command.com........ So I did when I did
that it opened a DOS window but an error came out again... (Which it's not
suppose to

http://www.freewebs.com/bandora6/command.GIF

I closed it... and went back to the support page... it said if an error came
out again go to %SystemRoot%/System32 then find two files... one is
command.nt and Autoexec.nt well I didn't find both... so what shall I do?

NOTE: The game I am trying to install is Freespace 2...

"Fadi" <Fadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I closed it... and went back to the support page... it said if an error
> came
> out again go to %SystemRoot%/System32 then find two files... one is
> command.nt and Autoexec.nt well I didn't find both... so what shall I do?

Are the files in C:\Windows\Repair ? if so copy them over to
C:\Windows\System32.

If they're not there check out
http://windows.dasmirnov.net/troubleshooting/commonproblems.php#autoexec.nt

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

fadi

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

THANK YOU! so much... yeah! I did find them... and copied it to System32 and
it worked!!!! thanks!