Flickering when I run 3dmark11

When I run 3dmark11, I get this weird flickering. Basically the edges of object flicker and look jagged. Is anyone else experiencing this. If you dont understand what I'm saying I will try to post a video of it on youtube and put the link here
16 answers Last reply
More about flickering 3dmark11
  1. system specs
  2. i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz
    Z77A-G43
    Saphhire vapor x 7950 @ 1100/1575
    OCZ Platinum 4gb DDR3
    PC P&C 750W
    Xigmatek Dark Knight
    Antec 300
  3. Since your video card is overclocked i would try loweing the core and memory and see if those artifacts go away, also make sure you have updated your 3dmark to the newest version
  4. The only time I've seen flickering with 3dmark11 is with an unstable OC.
  5. CPU and GPU on stock and same thing.
    It just looks like a really really bad anti aliasing problem.
  6. What do you guys think, when you run d3mark11 do you get jagged and flickery edges
  7. Flickering edges is just the typical aliasing that happens. AA helps that, but it is a benchmark and doesn't really have AA options, unless you can force it on in your video cards control panel.
  8. K1ash3r said:
    What do you guys think, when you run d3mark11 do you get jagged and flickery edges

Bumping this thread again will end in closure and possible bannage, you have been warned.
  9. bystander said:
    Flickering edges is just the typical aliasing that happens. AA helps that, but it is a benchmark and doesn't really have AA options, unless you can force it on in your video cards control panel.

Yeah but I want to know if other people also get this when they run 3dmark11. I seem to get jagged edges and flickering in the distance in many games. I bought a new motherboard, cpu and graphics card and I still have this issue. Could ram/hard drive or power supply have anything to do with this.
  10. You'd have to take a video to be sure, but it is very common to have aliasing cause a sort of flickering, especially on surfaces that have lighting hitting them.
  11. Temperature?
  12. All I can say here that it could be 4 things.

1. Is the Drivers? Are they up to date?

2. Did you install the Graphics Card correctly?

3. Your power Supply might not be enough for the OC

4. Try underclocking your card and trying again?

5. Is the Temperature of the GPU really hot?
  13. Bestkid said:
    All I can say here that it could be 4 things.

1. Is the Drivers? Are they up to date?

2. Did you install the Graphics Card correctly?

3. Your power Supply might not be enough for the OC

4. Try underclocking your card and trying again?

5. Is the Temperature of the GPU really hot?

Drivers are up to date, I also tried with old drivers

I'm pretty sure the graphics card is securely connected to the mobo.

I did try without OC and got the same results my power supply is PC power and cooling 750W

Temps or GPU and CPU are both under 60C
  14. Could you film the flickering (e. g. with a cell phone) and upload it to youtube for us to see?
  15. Sunius said:
    Could you film the flickering (e. g. with a cell phone) and upload it to youtube for us to see?

Yes I'll do that tomorrow as I'm a little bust right now, thanks for trying to help me , I really appreciate it.
  16. No problem. Will be waiting for the video.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics