Can't Find PC2700 in Canada!!!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Ok, I'm looking for two sticks of reasonably priced PC2700 in Canada. Know any online stores that sell them in Canada?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

eden

Champion
I thought I had told you RB computing has those and PC3000! Although sadly they've been finally affected by DDR prices and gone up a bit. I think the PC2700 is 139$ now, but still it is awesome price for performance.
www.shoprbc.com and click on Canada. They ship anywhere in North America, got a huge selection and one awesome service since I went there in person. They also speak to you (well most of them) in a very friendly man-to-man way, using words like "buddy" or "dude"! I felt quite respected since they relate to you, unlike snobby "I'm sorry we don't have that, thank you and good bye" sales reps who are dishonest selling you SDRAM P4s, those guys favor AMD all the way even with them selling Intel now! (they even put a tip in their mag add saying BUY AMD, when they started selling Intel.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i know i can get a 256mb stick of PC2700 kingmax for $215 australian... which is pretty good, and below that of almost all RDRAM sticks out there :)

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)

eden

Champion
How do you convert Canadian to Aussie and US to Aussie?

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
when i was in canada a few years back it was pretty good, 1 auzzie dollar buying around 90 to 95 canadian cents.
since it has slid, and i dont know what it is.
but i do know $1AU = 0.50 to 0.51 US cents.
sucky
so for the $47 dollar mouse in toms review it cost me a neat $100 australian... about right... double, plus transport & tax

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Can someone please find me a retail store in the Greater Toronto Area? I don't want to buy online because I don't have the best experience buying online. I really don't want to get ripped off. Anyway, if I can't find PC2700 then I'll have to look at PC2100 and get an MSI K7T266Pro2-RU instead of an Iwill XP333-R, that I had my heart on.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

I guarantee you, if you use a credit card to do mail order, VISA MC etc., the companies won't mess with you. You are like 99.9% safe. If there is any troubles with your order just tell the credit card co. They handle it, and credit your account. The companies know this and don't want to mess with the credit card comapies. I have had to do this, but it works.

I'm not saying you will never get shipped faulty components, but just that the companies wont jerk you around on RMAing and stuff if you order via credit card. The worst that canb happen is you may have to pay to ship it back to RMA.

Like my XP333, they just told me to send it all back (RAM,CPU, M/B). They guarantee they will ship me working components, the question just is: will I have to pay return shipping and diagnostic fees. If it turns out that indeed they had originally sent me faulty component/s, then they cover all those charges.

It's usually pretty fair like that, but you kind of need to look into it before you order. I mean asuming I did have a faulty M/B or something I'm still getting gipped the RMA shipping (~$12.50).

I guess my point is that to me mail order is too good to pass up.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by knewton on 02/02/02 01:02 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Why can't you get the Iwill XP333-R with PC2100 ram?
Because I want to run the IWill XP333-R at 166MHz with PC2700. I can't do that with most PC2100 because most PC2100 RAM can't handle over ~160MHz. Anyway, I want my system to perform significantly better than it does now without overclocking and stability loss.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
i read a review where they overclocked crucial pc2100 ram w/ cas 2.5 to pc2700.
but that was on an intel motherboard though.
ill post a link if i find it.

:mad: <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad: