Need expert help...

teutoniswolf

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hello, I have an A+ cert but need a ton of help lol. I haven't built anything in some time and am slightly behind the curve. Ok here goes. I am building a computer for basic everyday things with an emphasis on gaming. I play BF3, LOTRO, WoW and Skyrim and some other ones but these are the main ones that take up resources. Also, a little lower end video making and recording and F@H in the mix.

I am stuck on some parts but will not need an i7 so I am sticking with parts I have chosen but was wondering what you honk. Please give honest but in depth advice as much as ou have I've to do. My budget isn't quite set but isn't inexhaustible either so maybe $7-800 would be he soft and hard cap for it. Here goes! All parts will be in scaling order.

CPU: Intel:

i5 3570k
i5 3470

AMD:

FX 8350
FX 8320
FX 6300

RAM:

G Skill Ripjaws X 1866

Corsair Vengeance 1866

Mono: ? I honestly don't know but I would like one with enough space for dual video cards and some decen overclocking features.

PSU: ? Same I was looking at he corsair builder 750 watt. 80 bronze rated and a nice 12 rail but don't know if it is enough headroom for 2 cards and a modest OC.

Case: nothing expensive as I just need something to do he job would rather spend more on mono CPU and Gpu but still don't want to be cheap win it just don wan to overspend. Nothing fancy please.

Windows 8 64-bit

Speakers I don't need and inboard audio is high enough quality.

Monitor I will get a new one in a few months not worried about it and for the optical I would use he one in my Dell.

HDD: Seagate ST31000524AS Barracuda 1 TB

SSD: Maybe down the road unless there is an awesome deal to be had. A least 120 GB.

GPU: 660 ti minimum

Thank you very much! Add whatever criticism necessary!

Danby