Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
  • Phenom
  • AMD
  • Geforce
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2012 7:59:52 PM

amd phenom ii x4 B50 & nvidia geforce 8200 crashes on high graphics sites or even when using lots of graphics offline: even when changing the desktop wallpaper! Running Win XP Pro SP3 but computer has had this problem from new which is why I suspect it is a hardware issue. Runs nicely otherwise, quite quick, no other nasty habits :-)

This is the worst site: www.airnz.co.nz, especially if I login and use the create itinerary feature!

Thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this problem.

More about : amd phenom b50 nvidia geforce 8200 crashes high graphics sites

December 21, 2012 10:26:11 PM

Thank you, I will try it after Christmas :-)
m
l
December 21, 2012 11:53:36 PM

Drop the unlocked core(s) and see what happens.

klothklicker said:
amd phenom ii x4 B50 & nvidia geforce 8200 crashes on high graphics sites or even when using lots of graphics offline: even when changing the desktop wallpaper! Running Win XP Pro SP3 but computer has had this problem from new which is why I suspect it is a hardware issue. Runs nicely otherwise, quite quick, no other nasty habits :-)

This is the worst site: www.airnz.co.nz, especially if I login and use the create itinerary feature!

Thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this problem.

m
l
December 22, 2012 12:23:29 AM

I'm sorry, I don't understand :-(
m
l
December 22, 2012 12:27:02 AM

I trust everything such as Microsoft Silverlight, Shockwave Flash, and Java are up to date ehh?

and of course, make sure your drivers are up to date.

Just to rule out a software issue. I know even New Computers can be a few months behind on their updates.
m
l
December 22, 2012 12:40:15 AM

simmons33 said:
I trust everything such as Microsoft Silverlight, Shockwave Flash, and Java are up to date ehh?

and of course, make sure your drivers are up to date.

Just to rule out a software issue. I know even New Computers can be a few months behind on their updates.

It has its updates permitted so they are done as they come in. I have installed updated drivers for the graphics card, anything else?
m
l
January 13, 2013 12:50:40 AM

We had a look at it over the holiday break and it has integrated graphics: probably fix the problem with a new graphics card but its fairly old. Boss's decision, but it may be on the way out!
m
l
!