Sign in with
Your question

Please help gtx 550 ti doing weird stuff

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2012 8:12:36 PM

well for one i got the newest nvidia graphics driver for my gtx 550 ti and for some reason the windows aero isnt working and when i open some games all the letters in the pictures will be so weird looking i cannot understand what they say and half the time im typing this i cannot see the leters because when i type the letters just glitch out then a few letters later it will let me see them :/  and if i scroll on the page IT FREAKS OUT sry its irritating me >:C

More about : gtx 550 weird stuff

Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
December 21, 2012 8:22:05 PM

most likely the installation went flonky.

boot into safe mode (pressing F8)
download DRIVER FUSION (was driver sweeper).
run driver fusion to remove the 310.70 drivers ( that is what you have, right?).
reboot into safe mode.
download again the drivers from nvidia, make sure you picked the correct OS.
run the installation again.
m
l
December 21, 2012 8:23:24 PM

yes sir i shall try
m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2012 8:41:05 PM

it didnt work still does the weird fidgety thing and the windows aero troubleshooter says that the gtx 550 ti doesnt support directx 9.0 and above and doesnt support pixel shader 2.0 and above.
m
l
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
December 21, 2012 8:58:27 PM

i take it you didn't have these problems with the previous driver? (306.97(?))

i'd suggest going back to that, via the safe mode and driver fusion method, to see if you get back to normal.
m
l
December 21, 2012 8:59:16 PM

Did you do any driver updates? If so, roll back to older ones and see what happens. I have a GTX 550ti on one of my computers and I never experienced that though.

Also, what is the manufacturer of your card? And how long did you have it installed?
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:00:12 PM

well the first driver on this computer was the most recent one but i shall try that one.
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:01:57 PM

Commandermadi said:
Did you do any driver updates? If so, roll back to older ones and see what happens. I have a GTX 550ti on one of my computers and I never experienced that though.

Also, what is the manufacturer of your card? And how long did you have it installed?

ive had it installed for 1 day and the manufacturer is ASUS.
m
l
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
December 21, 2012 9:05:30 PM

kozicki said:
well the first driver on this computer was the most recent one but i shall try that one.

i see by your other post that this is a new card, my bad for not asking first. it may not be a proper working card.

gotta run for a bit, i think CommanderMadi can be of assistance. good luck!

(edit: check power connections and that it in the slot firmly - just to make sure)
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:10:11 PM

that would be a very sad thing if thats so because we had to get a new CPU because the old one was messed up also.
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:39:55 PM

after installing drivers, check to see if the monitor hertz setting is set to the correct value your monitor can handle.

Sometimes it will be left at 30hz or lower and needs to be manually changed.
m
l
December 21, 2012 10:00:51 PM

i use a tv and not sure if the tv is set that low XD
m
l
December 21, 2012 10:04:48 PM

not the tv itself, in the operating system.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\Advanced Settings\Monitor.
m
l
December 21, 2012 10:17:03 PM

on the nvidia control thing it says 60hz
m
l
September 30, 2013 11:05:37 AM

This may sound weird but go to your display resolution setting and reset your text size log-off and then log back in I had a similar problem and that for some reason worked.
m
l
!