Graphics card on budget?

Hi. Just wondering what's a good enough graphics card to run the following games with a decent frame rate.

Games in order of which I'll be playing the most:

Runescape (Max settings)

CoD4 - whatever settings

Minecraft

League of Legends


Pretty sure the monitor that i'm getting's native resolution is 1600*900.

The specs are:

CPU: i5 3570k

Speed: 3.4 GHz

Cores: 4

RAM: 8 GB PC3-12800 (1600 MHz DDR3)

2TB HDD 7200 RPM

Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD+/-RW

CURRENT graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7570

I was just wondering if that graphics card that is put it already will be good enough? If not, what's a cheaper one?

Please help, I'm going to be getting the computer soon.

It also says there is no PSU.

Also, since I'm really strapped for money, if I have to get a new graphics card, is there any way I could get money for the one that is currently installed in the computer?
12 answers Last reply
More about graphics card budget
  1. What? No PSU? So your computer runs on 220V AC?
  2. well to max those games out you need a 7770/7850 and a power supply(corsair TX 650) add that together and it's about $200 for a 7770 and $275 for a 7850 by the way what is you budget
  3. devilofdeaths said:
    well to max those games out you need a 7770/7850 and a power supply(corsair TX 650) add that together and it's about $200 for a 7770 and $275 for a 7850 by the way what is you budget

    Maxing out cod4 isn't a really big deal to me as I don't see much a difference in the way it looks in either settings. However, Runescape in max settings is a huge difference and I don't believe requires too fancy of a card. I just want to know a card that will rune CoD4/LoL smoothly on any settings.

    Also, for the 7770; is that $200 for the PSU and graphics card? or just card?
  4. austenw23 said:
    Maxing out cod4 isn't a really big deal to me as I don't see much a difference in the way it looks in either settings. However, Runescape in max settings is a huge difference and I don't believe requires too fancy of a card. I just want to know a card that will rune CoD4/LoL smoothly on any settings.

    Also, for the 7770; is that $200 for the PSU and graphics card? or just card?

    beyon beliefe LoL is pretty demanding and the 7770 is perfect for it the 7850 2Gb i might add is for future because the 7770 will only be good for 2 years at getting good frames in medium-high settings and yes the $200 and $275 is graphics card and power supply
  5. Thanks. I might have to go for the 7850 then. Going to be about $350 over $1000 budget now :S
  6. austenw23 said:
    Thanks. I might have to go for the 7850 then. Going to be about $350 over $1000 budget now :S

    1.where did you buy this computer from
    2.why didn't you build your own(don't say you can because it is just like fitting lego's in a lego house(case)
  7. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1427-desktop-computer-intel-core-i5-3570k-2tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-h8-1427/10226767.aspx?path=3f07f460d03f4b63025a10b96459801den02

    I haven't bought it yet. I just want a pre-built one because I can go to the store, which is a 10 minute drive and pick it up right away. No waiting 100 years for all the components to be shipped.
  8. austenw23 said:
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1427-desktop-computer-intel-core-i5-3570k-2tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-h8-1427/10226767.aspx?path=3f07f460d03f4b63025a10b96459801den02

    I haven't bought it yet. I just want a pre-built one because I can go to the store, which is a 10 minute drive and pick it up right away. No waiting 100 years for all the components to be shipped.

    1.EEEEEEWWWWWWW HP
    2.components can ship overnight
    3.great prebuilts on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Gaming-Desktop-PC-/170962032473?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item27ce219759 around $500 bucks now(will go up)but it is more than twice that system
    4.BUILDING A COMPUTER IS SO EASY(except cable management for me at least)
  9. devilofdeaths said:
    1.EEEEEEWWWWWWW HP
    2.components can ship overnight
    3.great prebuilts on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Gaming-Desktop-PC-/170962032473?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item27ce219759 around $500 bucks now(will go up)but it is more than twice that system
    4.BUILDING A COMPUTER IS SO EASY(except cable management for me at least)

    That looks almost too good to be true. I don't feel safe buying off Ebay, idk how to prevent being scammed. And someone will probably outbid me anyway.
  10. austenw23 said:
    That looks almost too good to be true. I don't feel safe buying off Ebay, idk how to prevent being scammed. And someone will probably outbid me anyway.

    well it does have over 2 days left and outbidding will happen but don't fall in to the big corporations(DELL,HP,ect.)be creative build your own have a great experience and if anything goes wrong the people at Tom's are glad to help
  11. ikaz said:

    you are joking right that computer has a worse cpu and graphics card i could build a way better computer at that price
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics