Your question

Graphics card no longer recognized

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2012 9:11:18 PM

Hi, today my computer is extremely laggy, yesterday I was gaming and there was absolutely no problems, but I turn on my computer today and it can barely withstand a game, the FPS is very low and everything is laggy. I did a two day system restore, my computer is on balanced power, i tried high performance (to no avail) and the lag just will not seem to go away, I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and I don't know what to do now.
My computer specs are
processor: Athlon(TM) dual core processor 4850e (2 pcs) 2.5GHZ
Memory: 2558 GB ram

And this what I just noticed is.. I recently had a Nvidia GTX 520 installed on my computer, recent as in about 4 months ago, and up until now it has told me that there is a Nvidia GTX 520 installed, but for some reason now it is showing Nvidia GeForce 9200.. help?

This has just started happening after I moved my computer to a different room.

More about : graphics card longer recognized

a c 291 U Graphics card
December 21, 2012 9:17:05 PM

Check what you connected the monitor to. It must be connected to the graphics card rather than the motherboard.
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:26:11 PM

I just noticed that it is currently using my integrated graphics card like from when I first purchased my computer, but it is no longer there, but apparently it is still detecting my GT 520 but I don't know how to use that display rather than it using the 9200
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 21, 2012 9:44:07 PM

Plug your monitor into the GPU (GT 520) rather than the motherboards graphics, then reboot.
m
l
December 22, 2012 12:07:43 AM

Thank you for the answers! I actually managed to figure it out, blonde moment.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 22, 2012 11:01:32 AM

I'm glad you've managed to solve it :) .
m
l
!