SAPPHIRE FLEX HD 7950 or Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Vapor-X

The Vapor X is clocked at 950 MHz the Flex is 860MHz (and 925 MHz with boost). I think the Vapor X also has a fancier cooler on it, but I could be wrong. I'd go Vapor X.
Also it's "which" not "witch" - the latter rides on broomsticks!

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I have the vapor x. I was also looking at the flex before I bought my Vapor-X. I am glad I got my vapor x. I am able to oc it to 1100 mhz and 1400 mhz. Great card. I vouch for that!!!

mohit9206

Distinguished
The Flex edition cards are basically for gamers who want to have a hassle free multi monitor setup from a single output on the video card.
so i would suggest you get the Flex edition only if you are planning to play on eyefinity setup. if not then the vapor x is the way to go

darksparten

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
FLEX=Supports up to 5 monitors, other than that it's a reference design with the Sapphire fans and factory overclock.

Vapor-X=Better cooling through vapor chambers and factory overclock.

Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.It can be overclocked even more.I personally believe it's the best 7950.

Amen I agree... But I wish they just raised the clock instead of this boost function...

djdude1327

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

I have been playing FSX for some time now. I use three, 27" LG monitors. My graphics cards are two, Sapphire Radeon 6770 cards. My computer has AMD Phenom 3.0mhz, 16gb RAM, 2tb HHD. Would you recommend the Flex or the Vapor-X for me? I want to have the best ground and sky graphics FSX has available. :p