Outlook not showing calender dates from phone

Last response: in Brands
April 27, 2005 7:21:27 PM

Help!

I sync my 6630 to Outlook 2003 via PC Suite 6.5.

Dates entered directly into Outlook appear on the phone no problem.

Dates entered directly into the phone do not appear in Outlook, even though
I am informed by PC Suite that they have been added.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:21:28 PM

Are you sure the synchronisation has been set up to synchronise both
ways? I can't remember the default; but the options definately exist to
just copy from the phone to the PC, or vice-versa, or both ways.

Go to 'Nokia PC synch' - 'properties' - 'advanced' then click on the
'direction' tab.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:36:09 PM

Yep - it's syncing both ways - and PC Suite reports that the dates have been
added from my phone, yet they do not appear in Outlook.

<airsmoothed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you sure the synchronisation has been set up to synchronise both
> ways? I can't remember the default; but the options definately exist to
> just copy from the phone to the PC, or vice-versa, or both ways.
>
> Go to 'Nokia PC synch' - 'properties' - 'advanced' then click on the
> 'direction' tab.

April 28, 2005 4:44:24 AM

"Rob Tompsett" <info@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> Yep - it's syncing both ways - and PC Suite reports that the dates have
> been added from my phone, yet they do not appear in Outlook.
>
> <airsmoothed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Are you sure the synchronisation has been set up to synchronise both
>> ways? I can't remember the default; but the options definately exist to
>> just copy from the phone to the PC, or vice-versa, or both ways.
>>
>> Go to 'Nokia PC synch' - 'properties' - 'advanced' then click on the
>> 'direction' tab.

I have exactly the same problem. It's doubly weird as I also have a pocket
PC that sits in the cradle next to my PC and syncs with Outlook on a
continuous basis. The pocket PC shows the calendar entries that have just
gone over from the 6630 via Outlook but which don't show in Outlook itself!
If I 'edit' and save the entries on the pocket PC they immediately then
appear in Outlook even though I don't actually make any changes.

What version of Outlook are you using (I'm on Outlook 2003)?
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:17:42 AM

Just tried PC suite 6.5 + 6680 + outlook 2000 SP3 + win2k and it
transferred a date entered into the phone to the outlook calendar OK.
Can't think of anything else at the moment. :-(
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 9:56:54 AM

Yep, I'm 2003 also.

I never had this problem with my 6600 and the version of PC Suite bundled
with it. I wonder if it's a problem with 6.5?

"BH" <bonkershead2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 4p84m$5fm$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk...

> "Rob Tompsett" <info@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> > Yep - it's syncing both ways - and PC Suite reports that the dates have
> > been added from my phone, yet they do not appear in Outlook.
> >
> > <airsmoothed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Are you sure the synchronisation has been set up to synchronise both
> >> ways? I can't remember the default; but the options definately exist to
> >> just copy from the phone to the PC, or vice-versa, or both ways.
> >>
> >> Go to 'Nokia PC synch' - 'properties' - 'advanced' then click on the
> >> 'direction' tab.
> >>

> I have exactly the same problem. It's doubly weird as I also have a
pocket
> PC that sits in the cradle next to my PC and syncs with Outlook on a
> continuous basis. The pocket PC shows the calendar entries that have just
> gone over from the 6630 via Outlook but which don't show in Outlook
itself!
> If I 'edit' and save the entries on the pocket PC they immediately then
> appear in Outlook even though I don't actually make any changes.
>
> What version of Outlook are you using (I'm on Outlook 2003)?

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:53:59 PM

"Rob Tompsett" <robt@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> Yep, I'm 2003 also.
>
> I never had this problem with my 6600 and the version of PC Suite bundled
> with it. I wonder if it's a problem with 6.5?

The entries are obviously going across to Outlook for the pocket PC to be
able to pick them up. Outlook must therefore be looking for something within
the entry that is either incorrect or just not there (I guess???).

I could never get PC Suite 6.4 to work with my Outlook contacts however I
can't remember ever having this problem with appointments not displaying. I
too therefore suspect that it's an issue with PC Suite 6.5.
!