Far Cry problem

a b α HP
March 7, 2005 1:34:16 PM

When playing Far Cry 1.3, it periodically minimizes. If I press the button
on the task bar it returns to maximized, so the game is not crashing. I
suspect some componant of the HP software for my PSC 2355 printer that
communicates with the printer. I tried disabling the HP Director and the
print spooler, but it didn't help. I would prefer not to uninstall the
software just for this one game (it's the only one that I play that is
affected, so far) What I was looking for is a way to prevent programs from
shifting focus. Windows 2000 has such a switch but I haven't found one in
Windows XP (Home Edition).

More about : cry problem

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 7, 2005 8:57:49 PM

"Ric Dexter" <rdexter@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> When playing Far Cry 1.3, it periodically minimizes. If I press the
> button on the task bar it returns to maximized, so the game is not
> crashing. I suspect some componant of the HP software for my PSC 2355
> printer that communicates with the printer. I tried disabling the HP
> Director and the print spooler, but it didn't help. I would prefer not to
> uninstall the software just for this one game (it's the only one that I
> play that is affected, so far) What I was looking for is a way to prevent
> programs from shifting focus. Windows 2000 has such a switch but I
> haven't found one in Windows XP (Home Edition).

You're probably on the right track... Try disably some more applications,
got any keyboard software installed? They usually crop up as being
problematic sometimes.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

a b α HP
March 7, 2005 8:57:50 PM

I have no keyboard programs loading. Do you know of a way to stop programs
from hijacking the desktop in XP?

!