Is this stuff good

hi, im new to building computers and i just came on here to find out if these parts are both all i need and good for a fast and stable gaming computer and was also wondering if i could have any tips. as i said, im new so any tips will be good. dont worry, im also doing far more research than this. ps, my budget is around $1000

Parts:

power unit- Thermaltake EVO Blue 750W

GPU- Gigabyte 2G GTX660OC N660OC-2GD

motherboard- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard

RAM- GSkill 8GB Kit (2x4G) PC10666 (1333Mhz) XL/RL RipjawsX for 1155/

CPU- Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz LGA1155
5 answers Last reply
More about stuff good
  1. Since you are new to computing, you wont want to experiment with overclocking, i suggest this.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BMtT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BMtT/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BMtT/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($73.49 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($65.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $957.40
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-06 02:40 EST-0500)
  2. thanx for the feedback mate, i'll look into this stuff
  3. The PSU in your post is overkill, you do not need that much, better choose camohanna build.
  4. Your welcome, thats what this forum is for :) Post away with any questions
  5. deadmoving said:
    hi, im new to building computers and i just came on here to find out if these parts are both all i need and good for a fast and stable gaming computer and was also wondering if i could have any tips. as i said, im new so any tips will be good. dont worry, im also doing far more research than this. ps, my budget is around $1000

Parts:

power unit- Thermaltake EVO Blue 750W

GPU- Gigabyte 2G GTX660OC N660OC-2GD

motherboard- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard

RAM- GSkill 8GB Kit (2x4G) PC10666 (1333Mhz) XL/RL RipjawsX for 1155/

CPU- Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz LGA1155

So far the components that you have listed are all great quality parts and you seem to be on the right track. There are a few exclusions from this list, such as the drives, cooling solutions and a computer case.
    For a very quick and speedy system I would suggest an SSD for the boot-drive in combination with a larger HDD for extra storage. There are plenty of good products for both so do your research and you will be fine
    If you are looking for advise on building a computer then I would highly suggest taking a look at Newegg's "How to Build a Computer" Series (lengthy but the most comprehensive videos I ever saw on the subject) and Tek Syndicates monthly gaming PC's for any budget. If you are interested I will offer the codes Newegg has given me for a discount (I buy a lot of stuff from there never with issues) on a number of products. Some of them will expire soon, but don't take it as a reason to go a impulse buy some things, but it is there if you want it.

You will be just fine on your new build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems