[SOLVED] Weird Graphics Card Problem!

Critizin

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hey guys, first time poster but long follower! anywho,

Im having a weird problem with my AMD Radeon HD 6870 Graphics card!

I bought a new pc an HP Pavilion HPE Phoenix h9-1387 Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-3770K/128GB SSD 2TB HDD/16GB RAM/Windows 8) which has a AMD Radeon HD 7770 Graphics card in it, which is not as good as my old 6870 so i switched the graphics card to my new computer but it would not detect it i took it out and put it back in and it still would not detect it so i was like wtf did i break it put it in, so i took it out and put it in my old computer, still worked like a charm in there, so i thought maybe thew new power supply was not good enough for it, so i took the power supply out of the old computer put it in the new one thinking it would work since it worked in the old computer, but alas it did not!

at this point im like wtf is going on i put the new 7770 in and it works just fine, i cannot figure out why the 6870 will not get detected in this new computer?

any idea's guys?

Critizin

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hey guys!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!

i donno what i did but i woke up this morning and was like god damn i want my graphics card in my new computer so i took it out of the old one blew really hard into the new pci e card slot in the new computer (N64 STYLE!) LOL Put the graphics card in and powered on... TA DA! graphics card working?

this was totally random, as last night i tried taking out putting the card in probally close to 20 times with no effect, i donno im just glad it working!

Thanks for anyone that looked at this thread and anyone who was searching for a solution!!!

Happy Techin and merry christmas!