Installed the following updates:

Intel Chipset 9.3.0.1026
Intel Management Engine V8 8.1.10.1275
Asmedia_USB3_V11430_XPVistaWin7
RSTe_35_V3501092_V3501096_VistaWin7_8
Asmedia SATA controller v1 3.4.0
Marvell_V1201014_XPVistaWin7
Nvidia 310.90

This is a brand new build and I have so far been presented with a lot of BSOD's typically when I start gaming. I have not had more than 4-5 minutes playing time on any game tested so far. Anything from Minecraft under 64Bit java to Borderlands which runs through steam and also crysis 3 beta (i know its a beta but why not).

I have reinstalled a clean fresh copy of windows once already and seem to be facing more of the same.

Currently I have all the relevant drivers from the ASUS X79 downloads page installed, please see above.

I also need to update the firmware on the SSD but cannot currently do so as the corsair firmware toolbox will not detect the SSD, which I believe is down to the Intel Enterprise Management driver. Is it recommended that I do the following (link attached) as I am not sure?

I am guessing that somewhere along the lines my drivers are conflicting but I am not sure which any help would be greatly appreciated in checking the mini dump file which I cannot do.

I have the mini dump file and blue screen error files, but cannot seem to attach them to this post, if someone could kindly let me know how to post them up that would be fantastic.

I have spent hours trawling through sites and would like a clear answer to what is causing my system to constantly BSOD.

Regards

Jan

pulsemaster

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Update......

Please find mini dump file and blue screen error report here:

http://www.pulsemaster.co.uk/tomsHardware/

Regards

Jan

jan check that your ssd and hard drive are on the intel sata ports and not on the acmedia ones. the other 6g ports are made for data drives not the os drive. also in the asus bios check that your running in stock speed not performance mode. in the p-mode the ram to cpu ratio changes from 1 to 1 to 1 to 5 and can cause issues with some rigs.

pulsemaster

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hi Chugot9218,

Thats really funny you say that as I have a friend who is running corsair vengence RAM at 2133mhz on a X79 mobo.

I literally have just noticed a message in windows saying there maybe a problem with your memory, will setting the speed down in the BIOS cease any problems or is it literally 2133mhz RAM will not work?

Last point is that when I boot windows up occasionally the ASUS F1 screen appears saying Overlclock has failed, but I have not overclocked anything at all. However I have noticed that the speed of the RAM in the BIOS (please note that I set the RAM to 2133mhz from the default of 1333mhz) appears on the front page as being set to 2139mhz, could here lie the problem?

Thanks for the info, cant believe I may have been stung here.

Thanks again

Jan

chugot9218

Honorable
It should underclock the RAM, frankly I am surprised it let you set it to 2133 if it is not listed as supported. It shouldn't hurt the RAM to run at a lower speed, give it a shot and see if you get any improvements. I would UC to a speed specifically supported by your board.

PS, RAM is kind of touchy, it may not be giving your friend issues but that does not mean it may not create any for you.

pulsemaster

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Well last night I set the BIOs back to default and hey what'll you know it set the memory to auto and now PC works like a charm. Will let you know if anything else pops up but thanks a bunch Chugot, you the man!!

TRENDING THREADS