Sign in with
Your question

Speedfan shows 0RPM?

Last response: in Systems
February 6, 2013 1:24:45 PM

Hi , i recently downloaded Speedfan to check my fan speeds because i noticed rising CPU temps.
It showed this: http://s6.beta.photobucket.com/user/pmurph/media/speedf... .

I notice certain fans are not spinning, others slow, and some abnormally(?) fast. Is there anything to worry about here or am i just clueless? I build my first rig(this one) last year so I am pretty new to all this and would like to keep everything in good shape as most of my PC use is either for games or for 3D modeling and simulations. So keeping things cool would be great.

Any advice on how i should proceed to fix/keep it fixed i would really appreciate.

Thanks,Paul.

More about : speedfan shows 0rpm

February 6, 2013 2:50:07 PM

You can't always trust speedfan. If those fans are connected to your system fan headers on your motherboard, you should be able to see their speeds in your BIOS.

Out of curiousity, are the fans 3 or 4 pin models?
February 14, 2013 11:19:09 PM

Sorry this reply took so long, My CPU fan is a 4-pin. The Chasis and power fan according to my motherboards manual are 3. According to ASrock OC tuner my chasis fan isn't spinning and my CPU fan is around 3200 rpm. I've not had a chance to check the BIOS yet though.
Related resources
February 14, 2013 11:57:29 PM

Try HWMonitor and see if you get the same numbers.
February 15, 2013 3:59:07 AM

Hi , Thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting the same result from HWMonitor, only the CPU fain shows up and it sits at around 3200RPM.

!