nv4_mini.sys- Bsod pls help ???

Hi I seem to be getting the above error message but just cn't seem to
figure out where it is coming from. It all happened when I installed a
dvd-rewtirer, the writer works fine, and computer loads fine, but i
always get the above error,I have tried many solutions without sucess.
I have unistalled the nvidia drivers, and downloaded the latest
drivers, still get error, I have run the memory test, everything
apears fine, I have checked cpu temperature, all fine at 38C, I have
formatted my hard drive, and reinstlled xp professional yet I till get
the error, I have flashed the bios, I have uninstalled my writer, Yet
I am still getting the error. Strangely it always happens when i load
up internet explorer, when I load an application like netscape I never
get any errors, Does anyone have any ideas why this may be
happening???? I am at the end of my wit now.

Thank You
2 answers Last reply
More about nv4_mini bsod

    Hi Steve,

    Since that problem just started happening recently, try a System Restore.

    How to use Windows XP System Restore:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "steve smith" <boy_wonder48@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4bada569.0503071733.59d3cd4e@posting.google.com...
    > Hi I seem to be getting the above error message but just cn't seem to
    > figure out where it is coming from. It all happened when I installed a
    > dvd-rewtirer, the writer works fine, and computer loads fine, but i
    > always get the above error,I have tried many solutions without sucess.
    > I have unistalled the nvidia drivers, and downloaded the latest
    > drivers, still get error, I have run the memory test, everything
    > apears fine, I have checked cpu temperature, all fine at 38C, I have
    > formatted my hard drive, and reinstlled xp professional yet I till get
    > the error, I have flashed the bios, I have uninstalled my writer, Yet
    > I am still getting the error. Strangely it always happens when i load
    > up internet explorer, when I load an application like netscape I never
    > get any errors, Does anyone have any ideas why this may be
    > happening???? I am at the end of my wit now.
    >
    > Thank You

    "steve smith" <boy_wonder48@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I seem to be getting the above error message but just cn't seem to
    > figure out where it is coming from. It all happened when I installed a
    > dvd-rewtirer, the writer works fine, and computer loads fine, but i
    > always get the above error,I have tried many solutions without sucess.
    > I have unistalled the nvidia drivers, and downloaded the latest
    > drivers, still get error, I have run the memory test, everything
    > apears fine, I have checked cpu temperature, all fine at 38C, I have
    > formatted my hard drive, and reinstlled xp professional yet I till get
    > the error, I have flashed the bios, I have uninstalled my writer, Yet
    > I am still getting the error. Strangely it always happens when i load
    > up internet explorer, when I load an application like netscape I never
    > get any errors, Does anyone have any ideas why this may be
    > happening???? I am at the end of my wit now.

    Did you do a clean install of Windows? Or just install over the top?

    If you'd be prepared to give it another go, I'd install Windows (cleanly)
    without the DVD writer (don't have it plugged in). There are the odd
    occasions when hardware simply doesn't get along well. If all is okay -
    plug and install the DVD writer in, if it's starts playing up then at least
    you know exactly where the problem lies.

    Since it's the nVidia driver throwing the error, I'd have a look at what
    resources are being shared and where, have a look in the BIOS - could be
    called IRQ or Resouces, you might be able to jiggle some around a bit. It
    shouldn't technically matter with Windows XP anymore - but worth a shot.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

Blue Screen Windows XP