GPU Constantly crashing HELP!

Hey guys,

I have always had problems with my gpu crashing but now its getting to the point in which I can't actually run any even games that should be no problem at all for my card. Il be playing the screen will freeze and the sound just gets stuck.

Specs:
Motherboard - Asrock z77 Extreme4
Processor - Intel i5 3570k (3.40 ghz not currently overclocked at all)
GPU - GTX 670 OC Edition
HDD - WD 1TB 3.5" SATA-III Caviar Green
Case - Corsair 400r
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Drive - LiteOn Bluray

Updated to latest drivers etc, so i doubt its a software problem
Tried uninstalling and doing a clean reinstall still no luck.
Looking into RMA my card but finding it so hard to actually get hold of any way of actually doing it.

All help would be really appreciated!
10 answers Last reply
More about constantly crashing help
  1. Is anything Overheating?
  2. what power supply are you using (brand name as well as rated wattage)
  3. cranachan said:
    what power supply are you using (brand name as well as rated wattage)

Corsair TX 750W V2 PSU
  4. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    Is anything Overheating?

From what I've seen nothing overly hot no, I'm now going to use after burner to track some temperatures across a range of applications.
    I will post the screenshot on here when I'm done.
  5. who's brand? and remember, some of these OC video cards are at or near the brink so even a little bit of stress could put them over the threshold.

try under clocking the video cards processor and ram a little bit ) maybe 50 each ) and see what happens.

if it runs fine after that start the rma process. put an indiscriminate mark on the card so you don't get the same one back/
  6. swifty_morgan said:
    who's brand? and remember, some of these OC video cards are at or near the brink so even a little bit of stress could put them over the threshold.

try under clocking the video cards processor and ram a little bit ) maybe 50 each ) and see what happens.

if it runs fine after that start the rma process. put an indiscriminate mark on the card so you don't get the same one back/

Thanks for the advice, I'll start playing around with the clock speeds etc later.

http://www.ebuyer.com/368329-msi-gtx-670-2gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-n670gtx-pm2d2gd5-oc this is the card.

How would I go about the RMA process? I can't find how to send it off on the MSI or Nvidia website.
  7. there has to be a way to contact msi in your "neighborhood". try their site and look for support maybe.
  8. swifty_morgan said:
    there has to be a way to contact msi in your "neighborhood". try their site and look for support maybe.

Yeah i'll get my scooby do on and investigate.

Here is me playing Darksiders for literally 2 minutes
  9. can you set the fan speed manually? try 40% and see what happens.

also, and it make void warranty.......... pull heat sink and clean and reapply thermal paste. sometimes they come through with little or poorly distributed paste on the processor.
  10. swifty_morgan said:
    can you set the fan speed manually? try 40% and see what happens.

also, and it make void warranty.......... pull heat sink and clean and reapply thermal paste. sometimes they come through with little or poorly distributed paste on the processor.

I spent all morning sorting pc care, and its now maxing out at 76°c and actually runnning fine. Maybe something was conflicting with it? I've got some Arctic Silver 5 left from my processor so i'll stick some of that on there.

Thanks ever so much for your help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics