rollercoaster tycoon 3 (install error)

March 8, 2005 11:09:03 AM

when i try to install rct3 i get this message:
setup error (-5005/0x80070017)

what can i do???????
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:14:34 PM

Darthkatzs,

Microsoft Support has a support article that lists general troubleshooting
options for problems with game installs. The full article can be found here
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;258496) but I've
included the basic list of steps below. If you are not familiar with how to
perform any of these steps, click the link above to find more detailed
information.

To troubleshoot the game problems, use the following methods in the order
that they are presented in.

Method 1: Clean the Disc
Method 2: Test the Disk in Another Drive
Method 3: Clean the Drive
Method 4: Perform a Clean Boot
Method 5: Run Xcopy Command
Method 6: Check Your Hard Disk for Errors
Method 7: Defragment Your Hard Disk

If the issue continues to occur, go to http://support.microsoft.com, search
for the following Support Q-Articles and follow directions for the version
of your operating system:

331796 KB.EN-US: Games: How to Perform a Clean Boot to Prevent Background
Programs from Interfering with Play
218617 How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Read Issues
314096 How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM Drive Problems in Windows XP
321641 How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs

Hope this helps.
--
Thanks,
Nick Kritselis [MS]

"darthkatzs" <darthkatzs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to install rct3 i get this message:
> setup error (-5005/0x80070017)
>
> what can i do???????

June 29, 2009 3:11:30 AM

i get the same thing
Anonymous
November 21, 2009 6:49:18 AM

Yeah, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I can't RT3 to install the "Tages" drivers. Install completes but the program nwon't run once it is installed. Here are the two errors I get when I click on the game desktop icon or trying it straight from the original game exe. Mind you this was run as Administrator.

!