rollercoaster tycoon 3 (install error)

when i try to install rct3 i get this message:
setup error (-5005/0x80070017)

what can i do???????
3 answers Last reply
More about rollercoaster tycoon install error

    Darthkatzs,

    Microsoft Support has a support article that lists general troubleshooting
    options for problems with game installs. The full article can be found here
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;258496) but I've
    included the basic list of steps below. If you are not familiar with how to
    perform any of these steps, click the link above to find more detailed
    information.

    To troubleshoot the game problems, use the following methods in the order
    that they are presented in.

    Method 1: Clean the Disc
    Method 2: Test the Disk in Another Drive
    Method 3: Clean the Drive
    Method 4: Perform a Clean Boot
    Method 5: Run Xcopy Command
    Method 6: Check Your Hard Disk for Errors
    Method 7: Defragment Your Hard Disk

    If the issue continues to occur, go to http://support.microsoft.com, search
    for the following Support Q-Articles and follow directions for the version
    of your operating system:

    331796 KB.EN-US: Games: How to Perform a Clean Boot to Prevent Background
    Programs from Interfering with Play
    218617 How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Read Issues
    314096 How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM Drive Problems in Windows XP
    321641 How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
    Discs

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Thanks,
    Nick Kritselis [MS]

    "darthkatzs" <darthkatzs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i try to install rct3 i get this message:
    > setup error (-5005/0x80070017)
    >
    > what can i do???????

  2. i get the same thing
  3. Yeah, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I can't RT3 to install the "Tages" drivers. Install completes but the program nwon't run once it is installed. Here are the two errors I get when I click on the game desktop icon or trying it straight from the original game exe. Mind you this was run as Administrator.

Games Microsoft Windows XP