My PC has issues.

Kimorr

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello, I'm kind of new here and I'm not sure if this is the correct section for these things, anyway.

I'm having a few issues with my current build, it freezes when I'm playing BF3 (haven't tested on other games) and a hard reset doesn't work too, the GPU doesn't give signal to the monitor. I have to use the power switch on the back of my PSU to have the whole thing work again. This happens after about 30 minutes in the game. Also, the two stock 140mm fans that come with my case have LEDs in them, they just don't work. I've tried multiple ways to connect them, of which all fail.
Next, my CPU tends to get quite hot, even in a well-cooled case. The CPU cooler is stock and my CPU isn't overclocked. It gets up to about 55c on idle and 65-70c while gaming.

My specs:

AsRock 970 Extreme3
AMD Phenom X6 1090T 3.2ghz
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600mhz
AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB
OCZ Modxstream Pro 600 watt
Some old 160GB Samsung HDD as my main
Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB as storage drive
CM Storm Trooper case
2x 30cm CCFL lights
Aerocool Touch-2000 (for the fancy look of it and to pretend my PC is a beast while it's far from that.)

Also, I'm looking for a new GPU, recommendations without upgrading my PSU?

I have heard the stock amd HSF is not very good, but it should give better temps than that. Those cpu temps shouldn't cause any problems, but you should try to reseat the heatsink and reapply thermal paste. It sounds to me like your gpu is overheating. Is the gpu overclocked? How hot does the gpu get?

Kimorr

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

I've tried reseating the heatsink and reapplying thermal paste already, it did not solve that issue.
My GPU isn't overheating, too. It doesn't go over 50c. It's not overclocked.
Also, I forgot to mention that these problems started when my screen started to get blurry and shaky while I wasn't playing games, just having a few talks on Skype with people. Recently, I updated my graphics card drivers but this didn't cause the issue as I downgraded to the driver I had prior to the update.