ShadowBlaze

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hello, i am having problems with my graphics card GT 540M i don't know why but it's become really slow, like i play Far Cry 3 on lowest settings and average 10-20 fps when on youtube i see people with the same graphics card average 30+ fps, i have no idea what was going wrong with it, i bought an external fan which i place under the laptop to cool the cpu, right now i have got FC3 on but not playing (as i am writing here lol) the temp is 80%, the 540m temp is 73% and the intel hd graphics family temp is 88% (no idea why that is high, only applications i have on are fc3, gpu-z, ds3 tool, cheat engine (don't judge me lol) and mozilla firefox), so i don't see what is wrong, i have also updated the graphics card to newest version.

Every time i open gpz-u it says Intel OpenCL driver bug detected, skipping OpenCL detection. Please update your Intel OpenCL driver to re-enable this functionality. < is this like a really bad error?

ShadowBlaze

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
ohh in that case the maximum load is 63% for gt 540m also to state the temp has gone to 91'C and for intel graphics the max load i have seen is 8% and the temp is 91'C

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
You should be able to open up the bottom panels. All of the laptops I've seen only required a screwdriver (except for Apple's newest laptops).

BTW, don't let the cooling fan spin too much if you're using compressed air or a vacuum cleaner. It may become damaged.

ShadowBlaze

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hey, just checked, unlike other laptops where there's a certain panel for the cooling fan, mine requires to open every screw and open the laptop up, i really do not want to do this in case i mess something up on the motherboard

ShadowBlaze

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
sorry i meant to say open the whole laptop up, this is way too risky for me, so is there any other way to clean the dust, or is there another problem that might be causing the lag

ShadowBlaze

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
So do i have to go to a shop to get it checked out because i don't have the experience to fully open a laptop up, well saying that, this external fan is preventing from completely overheating and shutting down right?

ShadowBlaze

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Ohh right i just said it because on what A Bad Day said, but okay thanks, the cooling fan underneath and the fan that blows the heat on the side that's what you're talking about yeah?

Don't do that. You might damage the fan that way.

@OP: If you really don't want to open it yourself, you could contact the warranty service and tell them the laptop is overheating. They would clean it for you.

TRENDING THREADS