Sign in with
Your question

Games keep lagging out. HELP!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 22, 2012 2:01:10 PM

Hi everyone. So i just got a new Asus n56vm with the 3rd generation i7, 8gb ram, and an nvdia gt 630m 2gb. I downloaded far cry 3 and it...lags a whole lot. any ideas? also i downloaded hitman absolution from steam and i played it first and it ran well. then 2 hours later i came back played it and it lagged a whole lot, even on lowest setting. Please give me some ideas or suggestions to improve it. i did a benchmark test and it only registered around 6fps the second time :(  help!

oh and p.s., if i get the valve pack from steam, will i be able to play them all on my laptop? it comes with games portal 2, half-life 2, left 4 dead 2, and dota 2. can i run the all on good graphic settings?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

More about : games lagging

a b Î Nvidia
December 22, 2012 2:34:32 PM

You need to set default graphics adapter to your GTX 630m, as I suspect it uses intel graphics now.

Right click any non-steam game, and there you can select the default graphics card.
December 22, 2012 2:58:54 PM

is there any way to do it with steam games?
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
December 22, 2012 3:03:23 PM

When you press "set default graphics adapter", it lets you choose for which games you want to do it (which includes steam games). However, you need to right click on nonsteam game to get the option to select "set default graphics adapter".
December 22, 2012 3:07:16 PM

danishdane7 said:
oh and p.s., if i get the valve pack from steam, will i be able to play them all on my laptop? it comes with games portal 2, half-life 2, left 4 dead 2, and dota 2. can i run the all on good graphic settings?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Considering your card, demanding games of 2010 should run fluently in medium to high details. However, certain 2011 games like Anno 2070 or Skyrim, BF3 may need reduced detail settings for fluent framerates. So I guess you will be able to play the games in the valve pack smoothly.
December 22, 2012 3:31:20 PM

when i play hitman absolution, it benchmarks at around an average of 14 fps. good bad for this computer? and how to make it better?
a b Î Nvidia
December 22, 2012 3:33:29 PM

What settings are you trying to run at?
December 22, 2012 3:37:44 PM

Can always make sure you have the latest drivers also.
!