Sign in with
Your question

New Gaming System Build Compatibility Check

Last response: in Systems
February 6, 2013 4:56:31 PM

I have all the parts now but before I assemble the computer I was hoping that someone could VERIFY that all these componets for compatibility.

CPU:AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard:Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory:G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video CardowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
Case:Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply:Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Also, before I begin the assembly does anyone have any tips or advice? This is my first time building a computer, and info you think may be helpful is appreciated.
February 6, 2013 4:57:50 PM

are you going to use the stock cooler?
February 6, 2013 5:02:13 PM

Yes, I was not advised by anyone in any previous threads to get an additional cooler, I forgot to mention I also have this optical drive.

Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive - Bulk - IHAS124-04 Version C (Black)
Related resources
February 6, 2013 5:06:56 PM

if you're not going to overclock then yea stock cooler will be fine
so everything seems okay seeing that you like AMD
February 6, 2013 5:14:22 PM

It is not that I prefer AMD, it was a build that was suggested to me for my budget for gaming by someone here on the forums lol. I could care less what the brand is, so long as performance is the best I can get for my money. But if everything here looks good and I will have no issues with compatibility then that is great! I can begin the building of the system tonight after work!

Does anyone have a good video for me to watch and learn how to build this? A tutorial? I would be happy with a video that closely relates to my build if anyone knows of one!

Thank you!
February 6, 2013 6:51:33 PM

my bad didn't know this was a budget build yea AMD would be the way to go if you're on a budget and you don't really need to look at tutorials on how to put together a computer unless you really don't know what you're doing what you might want to do is look at a prebuilt computer that uses the same case that you're using to see the layout of the inside
!