cfs2, cannot connect to the lobby

cfs2 in multiplayer/gamezone
I have problems to connect to the lobby. When I will join a game(combat
flight sim.2). I can click join,and the game start to run. But after a while
there is an error: cannot or problem to connect the lobby. Then I have to
leave. I have disabled the windows firewall. Could there be not enough open
ports? If so, please explain how to open ports, I have not done that before.
--I have also FS2004, and in multiplayer in game zone it seems to run very
well. I have XPhome without sp2 installed
2 answers Last reply
More about cfs2 connect lobby

    Actually, with XP SP2 should be installed as soon as possible to take
    advantage of the new Windows Firewall protection. With Windows Firewall,
    and the exceptions setup, it would be unnecessary to expose the computer via
    use of the DMZ. This Knowledge Base article describes the ports required:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;240429

    I would highly recommend upgrading the computer to Windows XP SP2 before
    attempting to make any firewall adjustments. Here's an article describing
    the usage of the XP SP2 firewall:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx
    It is very easy to administer.
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    "Kjetil Hustveit" <Kjetil Hustveit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:32573048-D8EE-4C35-9C70-3E16B8DEB737@microsoft.com...
    > cfs2 in multiplayer/gamezone
    > I have problems to connect to the lobby. When I will join a game(combat
    > flight sim.2). I can click join,and the game start to run. But after a
    > while
    > there is an error: cannot or problem to connect the lobby. Then I have to
    > leave. I have disabled the windows firewall. Could there be not enough
    > open
    > ports? If so, please explain how to open ports, I have not done that
    > before.
    > --I have also FS2004, and in multiplayer in game zone it seems to run very
    > well. I have XPhome without sp2 installed

    Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:

    Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

    Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports

    To setup your router yourself visit: www.portforward.com/routers.htm

    For the SP2 Windows Firewall, add the game to the exceptions list:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfexceptions.mspx

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Kjetil Hustveit" <Kjetil Hustveit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | cfs2 in multiplayer/gamezone
    | I have problems to connect to the lobby. When I will join a game(combat
    | flight sim.2). I can click join,and the game start to run. But after a while
    | there is an error: cannot or problem to connect the lobby. Then I have to
    | leave. I have disabled the windows firewall. Could there be not enough open
    | ports? If so, please explain how to open ports, I have not done that before.
    | --I have also FS2004, and in multiplayer in game zone it seems to run very
    | well. I have XPhome without sp2 installed

Connection Multiplayer Games Windows XP